+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I know that I'm gonna be shot down...

We seem to forget that Newport also had an agenda. They had two games in hand. Winning both would put them three points off the playoffs.

Although disappointed last night. Well done Notts. There’s still fight there. We will not go down.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Last night's game was exactly what I suspected would happen,three great results against very hard opposition which builds up your hopes and then you play a winnable game at home and bang...the bubble bursts again,when Kewell took over he won 2 or 3 from the start then Notts went back to their old ways,it's been the same way for years now and i'm not counting the Munto season as we bought promotion that year,Notts have shown what they can win games so why don't they seem to build on their successes?
    Newport were a different proposition to the other three teams we’d played well against - much more physical, direct and in our faces, and we were found badly wanting. In retrospect, I suspect that limiting Mansfield to no shots on target took more out of us than Newport dropping deep against a Man City and defending for their lives. Even Rose looked jaded last night, and he’s been full of energy in the last 3 games, getting up and down the pitch.

It also doesn’t help when your front two are both going for the same ball all of the time. Huge contrast to Newport’s front two, who were able to complement each other’s games (like for the second and fourth goals).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123