+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Political Force?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Going back further than me, the first PM I remember is John Major. Maybe I might think differently if I lived during that era.

I thought the Blair government were pretty good. He will forever be remembered for Iraq, but domestically his record was brilliant in my book...

I do agree with you that Tories are in power and are ahead in the polls largely to keep Corbyn out. And yes, it is a sad state of affairs.

Hopefully we can produce something positive out of this God awful Brexit mess we are in and the state of our current politics will change in the future.

There's been far worse than this lot 123 and I don't care for them either but the 70's were grim. 3 day weeks, no power, strikes a plenty, hospitals burning candles due to having no power, mortuaries full as the dead could not be buried, streets piled high with rubbish and every man and his dog on strike. 'Sunny' Jim Callaghan who was PM for a period was quoted as saying 'If I were a younger man I'd emigrate'.

I hope the split gets bigger..more lost votes for Corbyn monoxides' party.I also hope Scotland goes independent .that would effectively see the end of labour
    As for Brexit , if the referendum result is somehow overturned , I will never set foot in a polling booth again. Cos the losers would be winners , the minority have a bigger say than the majority ,indeed democracy would be finished

I have nothing but respect for those who voted to leave and then accepted the will of the people. Those I have absolutely no respect for are those Remainers who claim to be democratic but only if the vote goes their way. History will judge them and not in a good light.

Look up in the dictionary the meaning of the word democracy and I quote, 'a form of government in which SUPREME power is vested in the people and exercised by them or their elected agents under a free electoral system'. MP's please note! At no point does it say that if you don't agree with the result you have another until it does.

Finally, don't spout that garbage that Brexiteers didn't know what they were voting for. Those are the meanderings of self indulgent, hypocritical and yes, ignorant individuals.

What I find strange is that no-one- the media , the political elite looks at the current realities of Europe

Here's a few- Italian banks on the verge of collapse, French & Italian budgets which break the rules, rise of right wing parties in France Germany& Hungary. 25% youth unemployment in Spain, printing of Euros in their trillions, Greece impoverished. Germany with a new order post-Merkel. Immigration crisis leading to walls in Hungary NIGHTLY riots in the suburbs of Paris.
    Whatever you think of Brexit the EU is in a bad way.

Personally I don't think May & Co were ever serious about a positive new deal- the negotiations have been pathetic.

Put that aside .... I think staying in the EU is like ROWING TOWARDS THE TITANIC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    I hope the split gets bigger..more lost votes for Corbyn monoxides' party.I also hope Scotland goes independent .that would effectively see the end of labour
    As for Brexit , if the referendum result is somehow overturned , I will never set foot in a polling booth again. Cos the losers would be winners , the minority have a bigger say than the majority ,indeed democracy would be finished
    very true mate I think there’s a lot of people a like minded.

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    What I find strange is that no-one- the media , the political elite looks at the current realities of Europe

Here's a few- Italian banks on the verge of collapse, French & Italian budgets which break the rules, rise of right wing parties in France Germany& Hungary. 25% youth unemployment in Spain, printing of Euros in their trillions, Greece impoverished. Germany with a new order post-Merkel. Immigration crisis leading to walls in Hungary NIGHTLY riots in the suburbs of Paris.

Personally I don't think May & Co were ever serious about a positive new deal- the negotiations have been pathetic.

Put that aside .... I think staying in the EU is like ROWING TOWARDS THE TITANIC!!!!
    Absolutely and perfectly correct. Why on earth would we want to remain in an institution in such crisis? No logic in it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I have nothing but respect for those who voted to leave and then accepted the will of the people. Those I have absolutely no respect for are those Remainers who claim to be democratic but only if the vote goes their way. History will judge them and not in a good light.

Look up in the dictionary the meaning of the word democracy and I quote, 'a form of government in which SUPREME power is vested in the people and exercised by them or their elected agents under a free electoral system'. MP's please note! At no point does it say that if you don't agree with the result you have another until it does.

Finally, don't spout that garbage that Brexiteers didn't know what they were voting for. Those are the meanderings of self indulgent, hypocritical and yes, ignorant individuals.
    Sorry, I should have said ' those who voted to remain'.

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post

Heard an interview with an Indian chap called Ashoka Mody who's a leading economist and former advisor to the IMF. He was very much of the view that the Euro cannot survive the long term as its been manipulated way too much for political and not economic reasons and that it is impossible to have a currency that reflects the vast differences between Greece, Italy etc and Germany. He stated that the German economy is heading for a dive due to the massive investment both the US and Asia has put in to technology relating to the car industry compared to the Eurozone. He said that the German economy was heavily reliant on the production of diesel engines yet they are already lagging way behind these regions as diesel is phased out. He reckons that when the German economy dives then Italy, Greece and Spain will go in to free-fall. Reckons we're better taking a short term hit and getting out of this mess whilst we have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post

You'll also then know that democracy is a process and doesn't stand still. The public now know a lot more than we did in 2016 about the effects of leaving. Real democracy is to have another vote.

And seriously, your last comment made me laugh a lot. So Brexiteers knew they were voting for this mess we're in then?

Stop blaming remainers for the mess that prominent leavers have put us in. There is no clear plan put forward by Brexiteers that make us any better off than before. International companies are cutting jobs in their droves. Food prices will go up in a no deal Brexit. Every impartial report (including the Govt's own Brexit report) shows we will be worse off.

The real ignorant people are ones who advocate leaving without a deal and trading on WTO terms. If you are one of those people, you have absolutely zero idea about international trade or UK economics. Basically you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm fed up of hearing The Sun and Mail sound bytes like 'will of the people' and 'leave means leave'. Do some proper reading and stop spouting such utter crap. WTF is a leave vote? Prominent leavers can't even agree so what chance do you reckon any of us do??

Finally, history will certainly judge everyone involved and for Johnson, Gove, Fox and Farage...it won't be pretty. Somehow, these charlatans still have jobs for which they are incompetent and platforms for which they can talk rubbish and people are still falling for it.

As I
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You'll also then know that democracy is a process and doesn't stand still. The public now know a lot more than we did in 2016 about the effects of leaving. Real democracy is to have another vote.

And seriously, your last comment made me laugh a lot. So Brexiteers knew they were voting for this mess we're in then?

Stop blaming remainers for the mess that prominent leavers have put us in. There is no clear plan put forward by Brexiteers that make us any better off than before. International companies are cutting jobs in their droves. Food prices will go up in a no deal Brexit. Every impartial report (including the Govt's own Brexit report) shows we will be worse off.

The real ignorant people are ones who advocate leaving without a deal and trading on WTO terms. If you are one of those people, you have absolutely zero idea about international trade or UK economics. Basically you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm fed up of hearing The Sun and Mail sound bytes like 'will of the people' and 'leave means leave'. Do some proper reading and stop spouting such utter crap. WTF is a leave vote? Prominent leavers can't even agree so what chance do you reckon any of us do??

Finally, history will certainly judge everyone involved and for Johnson, Gove, Fox and Farage...it won't be pretty. Somehow, these charlatans still have jobs for which they are incompetent and platforms for which they can talk rubbish and people are still falling for it.
    like I said in a earlier post remainers who do not except a democratic vote stinks of desperation,by god who really are desperate.and to say to someone your ignorant,you sound like your up your own apologies might be in order.but dought it very much.ivoted out I’m neither ignorant or thick,not the cleverest of people but I knew what I was voting for as did you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)