+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Political Force?

A New Political Force?

Thankfully Corbyn’s Labour is now finished.

The gang of seven are also dangerous for the Tory Party.

Although I’m not a “Remainer” I do think that a new party of substance would be very important in this country.

I’ll admit,I like Chukka and I think he’s an impressive guy.

I sort of hope they kick this Trotsky Labour to death and bring some realism to the complacent Tory Party.

I can see Tom Watson either leading a coup against Corbyn or joining the new group.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Although I’m not a “Remainer” I do think that a new party of substance would be very important in this country.

I sort of hope they kick this Trotsky Labour to death and bring some realism to the complacent Tory Party.

I can see Tom Watson either leading a coup against Corbyn or joining the new group.
    mick let’s hope it’s not a new political farce, Tom Watson is a remainder while most of his constituents voted leave,can’t vote Tory can’t vote labour niether.we need somebody to put this country and it’s people first and foremost.love them or hate them we should be a bit like the Aussie government who are brits with b@lls still.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    mick let’s hope it’s not a new political farce, Tom Watson is a remainder while most of his constituents voted leave,can’t vote Tory can’t vote labour niether.we need somebody to put this country and it’s people first and foremost.love them or hate them we should be a bit like the Aussie government who are brits with b@lls still.

So many things to be envious about from Oz but 7 PM’s in the last 10 years is not one of them. Try popularist policies all the time but still can’t keep themselves in the job for any length of time.

I hope so, I truly believe the two party system we have just doesn't work for us anymore. Labour & Cons are too far from the centre ground.

The fact this is the worst government in living memory, and they are still ahead in the polls speaks volumes about Labour.

I'd like to see some more moderate MPs join from all parties. If not, all this will do is split the labour vote and probably strengthen the Tories.

Is this the same Chukka who doesnt believe in democracy and has campaigned for another peoples vote Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Is this the same Chukka who doesnt believe in democracy and has campaigned for another peoples vote Mick?

There is no democratic mandate for a no deal Brexit. Which is where we're heading.

Stop hijacking the word 'democracy'. It's not undemocratic to have a democratic vote.

Thats strange because my voting form said either leave or remain in EU. There was nothing about a deal. Did you have a different form?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    There is no democratic mandate for a no deal Brexit. Which is where we're heading.

Stop hijacking the word 'democracy'. It's not undemocratic to have a democratic vote.
    I fully understood when voting that we could end up leaving with no deal.

This fact was obvious and not hidden.

I fully understood when voting that we could end up leaving with no deal.

This fact was obvious and not hidden.
    Do you think every one of the 17m people voted for a no deal Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Thats strange because my voting form said either leave or remain in EU. There was nothing about a deal. Did you have a different form?
    Its not leave voters' fault, the referendum was flawed.

A vote to leave doesn't give any mandate for parliament, as we are seeing now. If it did they would have implemented it.

And if you are so keen to just 'leave' then you must surely be supporting May's deal, as this is what her deal does. Did all 17m people vote in favour of that?
    Last edited by WBA123; 19-02-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)