+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is PW the right man for the job?

He’s done better than the last 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Is he the right man for the job? - No

Is he the only man for the job? - Yes, considering he fits in with the club’s budget and aspirations
    Agree with this. He is the right man given RUFC are really a L1 side paying a fleeting visit to the Champs

At the moment Rotherham United are a Championship TEAM (just) but are a League 1 club, like someone said before we are a knats cock off being a mid-table team its so frustrating. U.T.F.M.

100% yes... He's building for the future and still keeping us competitive (ish).
    I would say in a long while. We have a squad that's worth some cash. 8/10 million worth imo.. if you add up the 100 or so that Evans fetched in you could maybe get a value of 1 mill

I don't think we could do better than him with the finances we have. Sometimes his tactics annoy me and sometimes I think we can do better but I do think he is learning himself and will do better over time. If we do go down this year I believe we will have a decent chance of doing well next season under him although I think the competition will be greater than last time we were in Div 1.

If he dunt do owt else next season he must go all out to get us this elusive striker because that will be the key to our fortunes in the next few seasons.

With regard to players he has improved, he has improved Rodak (admittedly not ours), Mattock, Iekwe, Vaulks, Smith, Ajayi (with at least fewer bloopers). Some players have not progressed very much like Yates. There are also some good young uns coming thru now like Wiles.

I think the long term future is still good but it might take us a few more years yet till we can establish ourselves as a decent champ club under him.

Keep him and be patient is what I say. This is such an important season for us because I think if we can just stay up (4th bottom will be brilliant for me) I think we will get a firmer foothold next season.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-02-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Is he lacking in passion?

Other managers go mad at the referee, the linesman, the fourth official.

He usually just sends Matt Hamshaw to have a quiet word with the fourth official.

We could have beaten Wigan, Hull and certainly the trotters and if so I doubt we'd have been even debating this.
    Fine lines

Yes our niceness reflects in our results. Perhaps our players subconsciously think that for us to beat teams isn't a gentlemanly thing to do! A draw makes everybody happy!

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We could have beaten Wigan, Hull and certainly the trotters and if so I doubt we'd have been even debating this.
    Fine lines
    Totally agree flour but the Trotters took 4pts off us, remember.?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yes our niceness reflects in our results. Perhaps our players subconsciously think that for us to beat teams isn't a gentlemanly thing to do! A draw makes everybody happy!
    He is very calm.

Isn't calmness under pressure a good thing?

Or should show more passion?

Maybe he's a sociopath?

New thread for IDS; "Is Paul Warne a sociopath?"

No actually he's a

He was going to be a teacher wasn't he? Need to be calm and patient to do that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast