+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is PW the right man for the job?

Probably more than we think but less than it should be..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Probably more than we think but less than it should be..
    Probably true but we’ve just gave him a bonus, dugout seats which I’m sure he’ll be over the moon about

Yes he is

Let’s face it our clubs is far better with him in charge, yes his tactics can be off but with our chairman’s money issues (unwilling to spend it) I think warne is the best we can hope far unless warnock became available.

I wouldn’t trade warne for anyone else he literally took us up by using food bank players, no offence too them I just mean we got them for practically nothing.

People blame managers all the time but sometimes errors are made by others like that time Evans brother messed up Buxtons contract

Proabably got a top notch car too.
    Likely to be a big black 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Proabably got a top notch car too.
    Likely to be a big black 4x4
    Strikes me as the type to drive a Toyota Prius

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    Vaulks, Ajayi, Smith all improved immeasurably under Warne. Vaulks wasn't up to the pace of the championship when he first arrived, looked far too leggy from playing the slower, ****ter, Scottish game. He has improved season upon season, to become our leader. Ajayi, though he is still capable of gaffs, is another who has became a saleable asset. Smith was branded a lower league donkey coming off the bench for bloody Bury, but he has got leaner and stronger. Warne always said he was a championship player in waiting, with little prior evidence to add credence to his views, so he deserves credit there too.

Forde was up there with Fisher as our worst player under Stubbs. Now he is not everyone's cup of tea but he contributes and his eight assists last season were valuable. Taylor couldn't hit a barn door and his crosses couldn't beat the first man before Warne arrived. He's still absolutely ****e on his day but his crossing and goal return have improved. Williams has had the most sustained spell of form of his career under Warne. Personal problems and injuries have dictated he has never really done it for long elsewhere. Wood was brought back from the dead, rarely made the squad before Warne arrived. Ihiekwe we plucked from the conference and he was many peoples MOTM on Saturday. Proctor, though he looks knackered now, has looked a better player for us then he managed at Bolton, Bradford and Fleetwood. Mattock is playing his best football for years. In fact, this season has probably been his best for us. Robertson, I don't think anyone had heard of before Warne signed him. He's been brave in slotting Wiles in all season too. Even Kieffer Moore had scarcely scored a football league goal before he joined us. Warne has a proven track record of improving lesser known players for us. His job of keeping us in the championship this season, with a threadbare, league one squad, is one of the hardest jobs in all the leagues.

If the players were not taking responsibility for results, we wouldn't have the seen the high press and tempo we had against Leeds, Wednesday etc. Lack of quality is obvious for all to see but definitely they haven't downed tools. If you plopped us in League one now we wouldn't even have the best squad in the division. Warne has done and continues to do a remarkable job with the poorest squad on paper I think we have ever had in this division. With only Smith up front, if we stay up this season, it will be a remarkable achievement.

The daft thing is if we had a striker who'd got another 5-6 goals, be it of the bench or starting, and turned some of them draws in to wins, then we'd be home and hose by now. Now that is the board's fault for not backing us in our last 3 championship transfer windows. Or perhaps it is the towns fault for not filling the ground and convincing Tony Stewart to dip into his pockets. It would be almost deranged to suggest it's Warne's fault. I'm not suggesting you are saying that all but lack of financial ambition is what will send us down. Any other quibbles with tactics, formations etc, are wholey irrelevant when you look at every other team in this division and then you look at our squad of misfits. Mind you, Let's see if Reading's trillion January signings take responsibility for results....We're certainly not dead and buried yet.
    Best post of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Strikes me as the type to drive a Toyota Prius
    One of the daftest posts of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    One of the daftest posts of the season.
    So what does he drive then smarty?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So what does he drive then smarty?
    Didn’t they have a deal last year where the players and staff got a Skoda

Anyone questioning his passion clearly weren't there at the Wednesday game.

We will not get anyone better. We are lucky to have him and he is working a miracle with us. I don't think some people who don't want him realise just how tiny our transfer budget is compared to every other team in the league

For what its worth, I think we'll pull off a miracle and stay up by the skin of our teeth. Even if we don't, Warne is still a really good manager and we're lucky not to be sinking rock bottom of the table.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345