As you can probably remeber, I have verbally hammered most refs we have had this season, I was amazed at the one in last night's big FA Cup tie. To make matters worse, he even had the assistance of VAR but continued to make a series of crucial errors. I will name just 3 that spring to mind.

1. At a dead ball situation, Luiz spins right to run behind the "wall". Smalling grabs his shirt and puts a 90 degree tear in it that must have been a foot long either side of the right angle. That is a penalty. It wasn't given

2. From open play a Chelsea player, can't remember which one, was on the edge of the 6 yard box, back to goal. Smalling, who was behind him, had both arms wrapped aroung the Chelsea player. The attacker was going nowhere. Couldn't. He then backed into Smalling and was pulled down. 3 offences there in total. None were penalised. The first one should have been, Smalling's holding should have been a penalty.

3. Matic. Yellow carded, quite correctly, for a foul, then proceeded to commit more fouls. Three or four of which were nailed on yellow cards. The ref chose not to give Matic a second card and, thus, his marching orders.

Don't get me wrong, Chelsea were not in the game, United played very well and deserve to be through but, would they have gone through if the ref (and VAR) had done their jobs properly?