+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The right time

The right time

Changes are seemingly afoot in the world of EFL, with the departure of Shaun Harvey CEO. We need to be part of the decision making in changes being made and as a Championship club next season we would get a better say in the way things are run. That’s if there already hasn’t been decisions already signed off. Massive that we get up this season. I can see the regionalisation of lower leagues and possibly fewer opportunities to get into the Championship, perhaps only two up and down on the horizon

I can't see that happening with north South type divisions. Even the conference is national. The less opportunity for promotion and interest in league fixtures will surely wane. I think the current promotion set up is about right. The possibility of playoffs keep the interest going for many clubs and supporters. The EFL would be crazy to prat abart wi it nar, If it int brock dunt fix it

I reckon soon there will be franchises coming in. The Premier League only want to stoop as low as playing the likes of your Nottingham Forests and Norwich's of this world.

Your Nottingham Forests and your Norwich's are sh1t scared of dropping down and playing the Barnsley's and Doncaster Rovers of this world.

It's imperative we get back into the top half of the Championship at least before there are any weird cut and paste jobs going off.

Featherstone Rovers thought they'd be safe in Rugby League until they reclassified everything. They haven't played in the top flight since.