+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cologne Academy

Cologne Academy

My eldest grandson started coaching at the Cologne summer academy today.

Sounds interesting. But I have to admit I don't know what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Sounds interesting. But I have to admit I don't know what it is
    Sorry Q165 message was a bit vague he has started coaching football to the academy of Cologne FC. in Germany. I tried to put a picture up but it is on facebook, can't seem to get anything off facebook

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Sorry Q165 message was a bit vague he has started coaching football to the academy of Cologne FC. in Germany. I tried to put a picture up but it is on facebook, can't seem to get anything off facebook
    Sounds even more interesting. None of my business I know, but it begs the question how?

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Sounds even more interesting. None of my business I know, but it begs the question how?
    He lives and works in Cologne at a Bi-lingual college just a stones throw from the stadium has had to learn fluent German which came in handy when he went coaching there before, they don't allow non speaking people to work at the football club.
    He had four summers coaching for Man U academy when he was at uni in England so I suppose that helped him a bit.

Hopefully he can teach them how to miss penalties! Seriously, I'm very impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    He lives and works in Cologne at a Bi-lingual college just a stones throw from the stadium has had to learn fluent German which came in handy when he went coaching there before, they don't allow non speaking people to work at the football club.
    He had four summers coaching for Man U academy when he was at uni in England so I suppose that helped him a bit.
    Hence your post some time back regarding a talented coach from Manchester United moving to Germany, makes sense now .

Congratulations to your grandson and of course yourself Glm, that's some sporting family you've got there .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hence your post some time back regarding a talented coach from Manchester United moving to Germany, makes sense now .

Congratulations to your grandson and of course yourself Glm, that's some sporting family you've got there .
    That is some memory you've got there Albionic, I didn't continue with the blarney as we were going through a bad period with managers I believe. Thanks for the congratulations.

Big thumbs up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Big thumbs up to him.
    Thanks soulman...as you are pretty good with links and videos can you tell me how to take a picture off facebook and put it on here?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)