+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction table...I'm a bit surprised...

Prediction table...I'm a bit surprised...

Got us to finish 4th bottom on 43 points. Ipswich, Bolton sand Miwaw to go down. Millwall finishing on 40 points. Didn't think they would drop into it! Reading to escape reasonably easily on 47 points.
    (This is also based on us losing at Reading on Saturday by the way).

If we were to get 43 points though I think we would have a decent chance of staying up in reality.

Have a go ya sens. Keep the millers up even though it might not be in reality!

So 3 wins and 5 draws (Means we can lose 5 of our remaining games), or, less likely 4 wins and 2 draws to keep us up (Means we can lose 7 of our remaining games) in the last 13 games. Of course, if we drew all of our remaining games we would stay up as well!

Go for it Mr Warne! That doesn't sound so unachievable does it!

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-calculator.php

Just as a small note of caution though I have the Blunts to go up as quite clear champs with Leeds second.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-02-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Got us to finish 4th bottom on 43 points. Ipswich, Bolton sand Miwaw to go down. Millwall finishing on 40 points. Didn't think they would drop into it! Reading to escape reasonably easily on 47 points.

Just as a note of caution though I have the Blunts to up as quite clear champs with Leeds second.

If we were to get 43 points thouigh I think we would have a decent chance of staying up in reality.

Have a go ya sens.

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-calculator.php
    you haven’t entered the correct imputes Roly, try again with the right results and you will get us to finish 2nd bottom just 4 points above Ipswich

I may have been a little over generous at times gm!

In all seriousness though I don't think we will lose that many. The key to staying up is how many we win.4 wins woulds probably be enough but as we all know we don't turn draws into wins cos we don't score goals. And some may say, we haven't done this all seson so why now?

We won't get 4 wins. 3 wind 2 draws is about our max.

Wind = wins before the forum noob rolls up to correct me. You know who you are ��

I tried to be impartial (probably couldn't help being generous to us though)
    Had us staying up on 39 points with Reading on 37
    Starting with a draw on Saturday
    (I only put results in for the bottom 6 teams)
    If you don't input any results the calculator had us and Reading on 37 each with us relegated due to 2 worse GD.
    But then I did it again with no inputs and it came up with us 20th Reading 19th, Millwall relegated and Wigan below us!

done my predictions and i got 3 wins and 2 draws we get 40 points. reading and millwall get 39/38 respec we stay up weeeeeee

QPR fading badly. Only ten points more than us.
    You must all have had that as an easy away win night game

Not sure what criteria this tool uses as I put in my thoughts on our results only.

When I put in the first option including a draw at Reading & Blackburn it said we'd go down on 40 points and Reading would stay up on 45 points.

I then tweaked it a bit, including us winning at Reading and against Blackburn and it showed us staying up on 45 points but Reading would finish on 52 points, above Stoke on 50 points.

Yep I got Stoke surprisingly low but not to go down Gainsbro and Reading to escape quite easily. The remaining fixtures to me suggest, according to this site, that Millwall and Stoke might be dragged into it rather than Reading. Which all reaffirms the importance of the Reading match for us. I'm convinced that IF we are to win only one game away all season this is the key one.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-02-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast