+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Match Thread vs. Newport County 19.02.19

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry to say it, but I thought we were a bit arrogant and complacent in our approach to the game tonight, starting with the manager and his decision to put Stead and CMS on the bench. I think we fell into the trap of thinking we've suddenly become a good team, and expecting things to happen rather than busting a gut to make them happen. They wanted it far more than we did, and got what they deserved. Hopefully it will serve as a kick up the arse for Saturday.
    We were crap and it looked as if we just expected to turn up and get 3 points. Outfought throughout the game.

There were plenty saying Stead looked knackered Saturday and could do with a rest, now Ardley cocked up cos he left him out?
    Doyle was poor tonight but if NA had rested him this board would have gone into meltdown.
    We have a squad and a few older players they can't play every game, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    The real test is how we bounce back from this, my real concern is our keeper who doesn't command his 6 yard box never mind his area.
    Last edited by i961pie; 20-02-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    my real concern is our keeper who doesn't command his 6 hard box never mind his area.
    Yep, I've been unconvinced since day one - it was a big ask to put a 19-year-old kid who had never played a league game into such a situation and I'm afraid he hasn't risen to the occasion. Last night was the first time he has really come under the cosh and he looked totally lost at times during that torrid first half, I don't know what he was doing for the third goal. I'm certainly not making him a scapegoat, the whole defence was crap, but I'm afraid he's not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Yep, I've been unconvinced since day one - it was a big ask to put a 19-year-old kid who had never played a league game into such a situation and I'm afraid he hasn't risen to the occasion. Last night was the first time he has really come under the cosh and he looked totally lost at times during that torrid first half, I don't know what he was doing for the third goal. I'm certainly not making him a scapegoat, the whole defence was crap, but I'm afraid he's not good enough.
    Yup, can't argue with any of that. He seems no better at commanding his area than Fitz, and is probably less decisive when coming off his line. There were a couple of times last night when he didn't know whether to come or not, and I think Stubbs realised he was lost and just booted it out. A real lack of trust there. I don't want to be too hard on the lad, because he's just starting out on his career, but we really could have done with an Adam Collin type last night - someone who can do the basics well.

Thought there was a Goalie on trial at the minute that will be a good signing?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yup, can't argue with any of that. He seems no better at commanding his area than Fitz, and is probably less decisive when coming off his line. There were a couple of times last night when he didn't know whether to come or not, and I think Stubbs realised he was lost and just booted it out. A real lack of trust there. I don't want to be too hard on the lad, because he's just starting out on his career, but we really could have done with an Adam Collin type last night - someone who can do the basics well.
    My thoughts from his 1st game

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112