+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Newport County 19.02.19

Hate to say it but Aless and to some degree Doyle not at the races. O’Brien doing his best to try and open something up but Newport are very organised when defending and break with pace, proper L2 stuff really. Time for NA to earn his corn now.

Classic Notts! We look just like we did a month ago at the back, like we could concede every time they attack.

Why did Ardley change the system? We looked much more secure with the 4231, with the centre mids protecting the back four and the forwards defending from the front.

Can't see us getting anything from this. No shame in losing a match, but what concerns me is how easy it is for Newport.

I guess we had our fun against Mansfield and now it's back to reality.

What the **** did he change the side for?You don't change a winning team!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    What the **** did he change the side for?You don't change a winning team!!!
    It just goes to show how poor our back up options are Get Stead and CMS on and let's hope for a miracle

I don't think we've played as badly as the scoreline suggests but definitely a reality check. Defending set pieces and crosses into the box is still a huge problem.

You wouldn’t mind Newport’s front two playing for us. We’ve struggled to cope with Matt, and Wilmott has put a few excellent crosses in. I wanted to shoot Alessandra the way he gave him 10 yards and all the time in the world to put the ball in for their second goal.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    I don't think we've played as badly as the scoreline suggests but definitely a reality check. Defending set pieces and crosses into the box is still a huge problem.

I disagree - they look dangerous every time the ball goes into the box, we’ve created next-to-nothing going forward. Be a miracle if we get anything out of this.

1 - 4!

Shizzle

Game back on but no changes... interesting considering that first half... come on boys lets get back into this one.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast