+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonights team

Tonights team

Looks like Woodrow up front on his own with midfielders hopefully giving some backup hope you're right stendel with this

Looks to me like he's playing 442 with Woodrow and Brown up front cos he's put Hedges in to play on the right and Bahre possibly on the left?
    Or Hedges left, Brown right and Bahre just behind Woodrow?
    Last edited by perkytyke; 19-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.

No real complaints from me , Draw a fair result ,
    Bahre had 3 good chances to score , Great shot by Woodrow , equally Great save by their Goalie , Burton defended very well , nullified our Midfield , not a Bad side Burton , and we have to play them again
    table doesn't look 2 bad tonight , still in our own hands ( spectemur agendo )
    Last edited by Romared; 19-02-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Frustrating game, they came with a plan to defend all night and were well organised and carried the plan out to perfection

I’d have brought Dougall on earlier ..... and Moncur

A thought they attacked well first half , then set back looking to counter us second half , Dougall should have been brought on earlier I agree , I thought Cavare had a storming game , odd mistake now and again, I like the Lad , Pinnock just edged him for MOM , he's some player Arr Ethun !!! Don't think he will be playing here after this Season

Disappointed because the standards are high at the moment .

That said you can't win them all and we didn't lose .

Take the point and we move on for the showdown with Pompey on saturday .

Thought we were poor. Some very Slack passing, poor concentration, speculative and lazy balls, poor close control and something just not quite right. A deprive muni pure spell when we were showing them how we can monopolise the ball in going forward, yet to for no reward and it fizzled out pretty quickly.
    Just as a matter of interest, when did we last win a Tuesday night game in the League?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Thought we were poor. Some very Slack passing, poor concentration, speculative and lazy balls, poor close control and something just not quite right. A deprive muni pure spell when we were showing them how we can monopolise the ball in going forward, yet to for no reward and it fizzled out pretty quickly.
    Just as a matter of interest, when did we last win a Tuesday night game in the League?
    Just a guess Jules , Rochdale away ,
    The pitch ? Although it looks well , I noticed Saturday and Tonight , some awkward bounces , it's that time of the season I suppose , not much rain , drying out too fast , no excuse , same for both sides , a big heavy roller and heavy watering , may help our style of football ,

god that was boring

wasnt going to go as im at work but cos i have a midnight start i thought id go wish i hadn't.

Burton must be kicking themselves they could have won that if they played more attacking in the second half.

The final ball was missing tonight with far too many passes with too much on them when players were through. And even though they parked the bus, their goalie still had to pull off a worldly from Woodrow. If the passing had been better in the final third we'd have got a couple. They saved one off the line too and threw their bodies at every shot. Add a few players with off days and you've the reason it finished a goalless draw.