+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoban

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed it is a terrible shame for the loon, seemed a decent player when I saw him then the shoulder op, recovers and comes back and again seemed decent then does his cruciate , absolutely no luck, I hope he recovers and goes on to do well at Watford or wherever.

SF
    Would be classic McInnes if he signed him permanently in the summer.

Really innocuous incident on saturday. Same in the QoTS game when he looked to have done his shoulder again.

Bad luck comes into it to a large degree, but this player just looks fated. Then you add in the mental after effects, on his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Really innocuous incident on saturday. Same in the QoTS game when he looked to have done his shoulder again.

Bad luck comes into it to a large degree, but this player just looks fated. Then you add in the mental after effects, on his return.
    As I said before I don't think its just bad luck - that's both knees and a shoulder gone in the last 2 years. I think he had previous before that too. He's just not built physically to withstand the rigours of top flight football.

He makes Andy Carroll look like Superman ffs.

Its a real shame for the lad and I wish him the best for his future, but I think that's gonna have to be outside of fitba sadly.

Feel really sorry for the lad. Seems like a nice guy, and a talented player. Can't remember seeing a player look as upset as he did when he got injured on Saturday. I hope I'm wrong but I've got a feeling that could be the end of his career. The guys in his early 20s and he's had a pile of long term injuries already.

Feel sorry for him as his careers hanging in the balance

Both knees in two years. Does make you wonder if his knees are made of weetabix

Wish you well Tommie min

Gutted for him looks/looked a good player Im afraid too much of a risk to offer him even a 1 year contract . Fingers crossed he gets his career up and running again somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

It’s my opinion that whilst it might be down to bad luck partly, you just find that some players just don’t have a body that allows them to be a professional sportsman.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s my opinion that whilst it might be down to bad luck partly, you just find that some players just don’t have a body that allows them to be a professional sportsman.
    Yep - Andy Carroll, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck, the boy Rossiter at the Hun, the boy Compper at timothy, Christ even Scott Booth with us back in the day. I’m sure there’s plenty more.

All spend or spent way more time on the treatment table than on the park. I’m sure that’s down to their bodies physical inability to cope with the rigours of top flight sport rather than pure bad luck.

The thing I don’t get is why clubs still sign guys like Carroll & Sturridge & spunk massive wages on them despite all the evidence showing they’ll likely hardly ever play - baffling.

McInnes saying that we will consider signing Hoban in the summer if he is keen to come back.

Like everyone else has said I agree that he looks like a really good defender but is too injury prone so it would be a no from me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.p...-recovery/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McInnes saying that we will consider signing Hoban in the summer if he is keen to come back.

Like everyone else has said I agree that he looks like a really good defender but is too injury prone so it would be a no from me.

Not for me. I hope he is just giving a kind word for Hoban. Surely he has learned his lesson now bringing in injury prone players. Plenty time to scout a replacement. Don't be lazy DM

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

The stste ofmind the boy must be i right now eek is giving him a hope to help him through his next recovery. Doesntcost us anything to be decent about it ?
    Mind though it is never the same injury repeating itself. So he just needs to dislocate his other shoulder , and break both ankles to get every other comon injuries done and out the road. Then we mighthave a player !!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast