+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've always wanted to manager of eastbourne borough

Taking Lennon back for them shows just exactly how inward looking a football club they are.

His temperament is fine for a while, but playing that style of combative attacking football is great for the knuckle dragging masses while its going well, but the draining negativity that sounds Lennon when things are going badly suffocates a club as can be seen with what has happened at Hibs.

Too late in the season for us but if he goes its a good thing for us IMHO. Time to expose that there isn't a huge gulf between us and them. Their recruitment is also average at best considering the 'resources' they have. With Lennon they loose some tactical ability that there is no doubt Brenda possessed.

Funny listening to all the names banded around by the victims at work today. Simple thing is the board there wont sanction the opening of the biscuit tin for the very real fear that they wont get into the Europa League at the very least so the likes of Lennon is probably about as good as it gets for them.

Fae Hollywood Teeth tae Popcorn Teeth ... like the sound o' that - a 'riches tae rags' backward step summed up perfectly ... fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I have a pic with the wealdstone warrior, my claim to fame. Met him in Heathrow Airport. The guy is tiny.
    ... indeed he is, much shorter than I imagined. I spoke to him whilst he was at Motherwell, just after they’d been beaten by a French team in a Europe, in the Breahead car park in Glasgow in 2008 I think it was. I must take some of the blame for his unsuccessful Aberdeen tenure as I suggested that he might one day manage us to which he replied “ well maybe, you never know”.

To be fair, he gave me the time of day and he spoke for a fair while, but the rest as they say is history!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123