+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That was a bizarre match

Also agree with most of what has been said by everyone else....except Sid.

If we had somebody that was 6 foot 8, physical and experienced enough to man mark Jamille Matt, then I believe that game would have been a lot closer. He terrorised us in the first half. It was literally like watching a tank mowing down people! If we had him our team instead of Stead or Hemmings, then that would be the final piece of the jigsaw IMO. He's a perfect L2 centre forward as he's also quite agile despite being a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    If we had somebody that was 6 foot 8, physical and experienced enough to man mark Jamille Matt, then I believe that game would have been a lot closer. He terrorised us in the first half. It was literally like watching a tank mowing down people! If we had him our team instead of Stead or Hemmings, then that would be the final piece of the jigsaw IMO. He's a perfect L2 centre forward as he's also quite agile despite being a unit.
    love the Sid comment made me laugh !
    As per the comments above he is the type of target player we need to replace Stead.
    Stead has been a great servant but moving forward now we need a more balanced forward line and after this season I see no room for JS.
    we need an out and out target man with loads of pace supporting him..

Have to agree with sid, our young keeper looked fragile in the games before that, we'll find out Saturday if any long-term damage by the 1 4.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest. Follow the crowd, Manc, like most do on here.
    Lots of Pies belittled my comments about beware Newport because after Man City they would be on a roll. Think I got that one right.
    And thanks, Mad Dog S, for picking up my point so accurately.

Unless people think we need a mobile target man for defensive work I don't see it as a big issue at all and neither did Ardley in his post match comments, the reason we lost was because we defended poorly during the few moments in the game where Newport put the ball into decent areas, not because we didn't have enough up front to win it 5-4.

We should have settled down after we made the game 1-1 and got a hold of the game but didn't and found ourselves behind again too quickly and then again in the second half, we needed to come out and take command of the game but I think they scored the 4th goal before we'd even had the ball from kickoff and everyone might aswell have left the minute the 4th hit the net because the game was over and done with.

Thanks for playing it down, Delroy. The battle of Birkenhead will prove whether it's a one-off or a downward turning point.
    And don't forget, Rome wasn't built in a day - that was Birkenhead.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That doesn't bother me in the slightest. Follow the crowd, Manc, like most do on here.
    Lots of Pies belittled my comments about beware Newport because after Man City they would be on a roll. Think I got that one right.
    And thanks, Mad Dog S, for picking up my point so accurately.
    By "Follow the crowd...like most do on here." sid, do you mean several people have the same opinion, an opinion different from yours?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123