+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How Many Points Are We Going To Need ?

How Many Points Are We Going To Need ?

To get automatic promotion .

I reckon 93 will do it , which equates to us taking 31 out of the remaining 39 that are still available to us .

Margin of error is 8 more points that we can drop .

Putting it in those terms it looks bloody tough but that is possibly where we are .

Of course 90 , 91 or 92 may get it done but in all honesty I don't see anything less than 90 points getting the job done going on the way it's shaping up .

This is going right to the very last game and somebody with 90 points plus may have to do the play off route .

I sincerely hope we avoid that it might not end well for us .

I'd say 90 points needed for autos. Based on average form over the season we're on course for 92 points but there's a long way to go and owt can happen. We're still in a great position, 2 months ago I'd have bitten your hand off to be where we are.

13 games to play , Maximum points 39 , currently on 66 , possible max 105 , could possibly afford to drop another 9/10 pts, leaving us with 95/96 pts , that should get automatic , depending on results elsewhere , if all the teams recent form (in PO positions) continues as it is now ? We should be up with games to Spare ,
    KTF

We'll know better after the Sunderland game.
    If we could beat them & Portsmouth we have more breathing space.
    Lose both of them and we will need a higher points total.

If I've learnt owt this season it's not to count the points. All the biggest disappointments have come against sh1te teams. I think we've got quite a tricky run-in and that's the way I like it. Get Moore back fit and charging in like a bull at a gate and we'll be fine.

I see Sunderland needed 2 'soft' penalties to get the win last night.
    The one they got against us was never one, and it cost us dear.
    We've only had one all season and a few against.
    What we don't want is some soft ref giving them another against us next time.
    I wouldn't bet against it though.

If we carry on as we are averaging 2 pts per game ? We will finish up on 92 get ya fingers art lads !!!
    Hodger ? Interesting that Mcgeady let Grigg tek first pen , good move that ? Considering Mcgeady takes most Pens , and they seem to be getting plenty , ( Big club syndrome ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    If we carry on as we are averaging 2 pts per game ? We will finish up on 92 get ya fingers art lads !!!
    Hodger ? Interesting that Mcgeady let Grigg tek first pen , good move that ? Considering Mcgeady takes most Pens , and they seem to be getting plenty , ( Big club syndrome ? )
    Shackle McGeady, and you shackle Sunderland. Stop him anywhere you need to outside the box, and stop him creating, and they are limited. Comes inside in the Left and either shoots, or provides. Grigg will be the recipient.
    Mowatt will be detailed to stop him, and Pinnock also will need to be at his VERY best.
    I have both down to be lucky to stay on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Shackle McGeady, and you shackle Sunderland. Stop him anywhere you need to outside the box, and stop him creating, and they are limited. Comes inside in the Left and either shoots, or provides. Grigg will be the recipient.
    Mowatt will be detailed to stop him, and Pinnock also will need to be at his VERY best.
    I have both down to be lucky to stay on the field.
    I'd let Mcgeehan get in with a reducer on him in the first couple of minutes whilst the referee is scared of ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'd let Mcgeehan get in with a reducer on him in the first couple of minutes whilst the referee is scared of ruining the game.
    Wats a reducer Ponte ? Used em wen plummin , 28 mm darn to 15mm eg , gerrim nocked ovva them dangerous ad boards in frunta ES,