+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: playing out from back-it will do for us

playing out from back-it will do for us

QPR first goal- 4QPR players in our half - closing down- winning the ball back

We do not have talented enough players esp in central back four to play that way.

High press- lose possession- immediate pressure......goal. free kick in dangerous areas or penalty threat.

it will do for us in this promotion dogfight.

Get it away or play through wife players Holgate & Gibbs but not Hegazi or Daws-

It's simple enough to work out on the training pitch - but this persistently playing out with poor quality players is so easy to counteract & will do for it

Why can't BD see it and sort it?

Many of us on this board have been saying this all season. As I've stated before, we have been sussed, especially at home, and sides play a 'high press' against us. I don't mind playing out from the back if we are in what I would describe as a safe position to do so but not when our players are closely marked. I'm convinced that this is the main reason why our home results of late are so poor. Use it, yes, but not all the time as it makes it so easy for the opposition to play against us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)