Usually it’d be blanket low scores after a heavy defeat but I felt a few individuals did still do themselves justice...

Schofield - 4 - Didn’t take control on set-pieces and crosses, which for me was the biggest factor in the defeat. Partially at fault for the second and third on this basis. That may seem harsh against a ****ager still learning the game - but we needed someone to hit the ground running. Will probably go onto have a good career but, right now, I’m not even convinced he’s a major upgrade on Fitzsimons.

Rose - 5 - Excellent going forward for the first 30 mins, but wasted crossing opportunities after then and repeatedly allowed crosses from his flank. An off-day.

Stubbs - 5 - Probably a lesson for him that L2 isn’t as easy as it may have appeared. Struggled against a v strong striking partnership, but a big ask to expect him to lead our defensive unit at the age of 20.

Barclay - 4 - Hasn’t convinced me, even in the wins, in the same way Stubbs has. Bullied on the day and quality on the ball was poor. May be worth replacing him with a more physical/senior CB against direct teams where our senior midfield will be bypassed.

Milsom - 7 - Excellent again. Defended well and drive forward played a key part in the goal.

Alessandra - 5 - Some neat play on the ball but no real impact/end product.

O’Brien - 8* - Never gave up, never hid. Always tried to drive things on. Forced the keeper into 3/4 good saves with long range efforts (inc for the goal). Couple of misplaced passes but that was due to trying something and not taking the easy option. Expected him to be a bit of a destroyer but has genuine quality on the ball.

Doyle - 5 - Another harsh lesson learnt may be that, at 37, it will be difficult for him to play Saturday/Tuesday as part of a two-man midfield. Lost the battle with Labadie on the day. Thought Ardley bottled the decision to take him off/save him for Saturday. Was far too deep second half.

Boldewijn - 6 - Always a threat and in fairness to him never shirked his defensive duties. Found it difficult to have an impact once they sat in and defended deep.

Hemmings - 6 - At fault with for the first goal but instantly made amends. Seems to be the new scapegoat going by those around me, but didn’t feel he did a lot wrong - other than clearly not functioning as a pair with Gomis as they wanted to occupy the same areas.

Gomis - 5 - Snatches at his shots and can’t see him scoring many while he’s here, but his pace is essential to the overall plan as he stretches teams. A game that highlighted Stead is still worth his place in the 11 as the deeper link-man; Hemmings and Gomis both played too high which meant the gap between midfield and forwards was massive.

CMS - 7 - Lively, again, but onto a loser coming on at 1-4. Certain to come back into the team on Saturday.

Stead - 7 - Had an impact, won a few headers, hit one great long-ranger which looked in but hit the side-netting, but like CMS had little chance against a physical defence camped out in their own box with a three-goal lead.