+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ton vs. Doonhamers

Jardi will soon cheer us all up again. Don't worry, be happy.

I`ve largely been positive about Naysmith but he deserves all the flak coming his way tonight. We have the best striker in the division and are playing a club no better than us but we choose to include 6 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders in a hugely negative formation. We set up for a draw and lost again. I understand that GN was looking to steady the ship but in reality he reduced our strengths while our defensive weakness re the cross ball remained.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I`ve largely been positive about Naysmith but he deserves all the flak coming his way tonight. We have the best striker in the division and are playing a club no better than us but we choose to include 6 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders in a hugely negative formation. We set up for a draw and lost again. I understand that GN was looking to steady the ship but in reality he reduced our strengths while our defensive weakness re the cross ball remained.
    Mr Naysmith getting absolute pelters from fans on Pie and Bovril who witnessed the game in Greenock tonight - could we get relegated in our Centenary year ? - hopefully not but now very, very worrying !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Mr Naysmith getting absolute pelters from fans on Pie and Bovril who witnessed the game in Greenock tonight - could we get relegated in our Centenary year ? - hopefully not but now very, very worrying !
    There is absolutely no doubt we could go down. FWIW i think we`ll stay up but I wouldn`t want to bet much on that outcome. As you say worrying times. 5 defeats in a row, 3 of which were against the bottom 3 and the other tonight against a team whose recent from was little better than ours.

It's only Dobbie that had kept his head above water for so long. Take his goals away and replace him with the average championship strikers 10/15 and we would have been in serious trouble.

I still don't think we will get automatically relegated but there's a high chance of a relegation play off.

I think Falkirk will overtake us, so would leave us in a fight with Alloa and Patrick. Patrick are all over the place but Alloa worry me as they have nothing to lose and seem to be well organised with a decent work rate. We are a better team when set up correctly but don't have any plan B in games.

I was also at tonight's game and I will post my match report on www.qosfan.co.uk tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    It's only Dobbie that had kept his head above water for so long. Take his goals away and replace him with the average championship strikers 10/15 and we would have been in serious trouble.

I still don't think we will get automatically relegated but there's a high chance of a relegation play off.

I think Falkirk will overtake us, so would leave us in a fight with Alloa and Patrick. Patrick are all over the place but Alloa worry me as they have nothing to lose and seem to be well organised with a decent work rate. We are a better team when set up correctly but don't have any plan B in games.
    If you took Dobbie away we would have been relegated even last season but we do have him. Yes we are in a rut which we desperately need to get out of but our situation bizarrely did not change over night as we are still six points of the play off spot and five above relegation. There is no doubt that injuries combined with the threadbare squad has put us where we are but we really ought to rally around the club just now in their hour of need and give them our full support. As for the set up we got what we were all calling for on Saturday and yet still lost albeit undeservedly and I cannot really comment on last nights game not being there but the stats suggest that we must have put in a reasonable shift going by the number of shots. Naysmith has already said that Todd and Low will not make the weekend game so we may just have to pray for a miracle at Dunfermline but it has happened before. Mon the South

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I was also at tonight's game and I will post my match report on www.qosfan.co.uk tomorrow...
    Your team line up is wrong we played 442 last night trying to match up Morton for strength and height midfield of Doyle, Mcguire, Jacobs & Wilson

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)