+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ton vs. Doonhamers

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    The form over the last 6 games is even more depressing than over the last 8 games.
    Let's hope Queens recent and decent form at East End Park continues...
    The last game up there was dreadful and we won it. God knows how bad this Saturday will be. But, hey things will eventually turn out fine, the team is giving it all,Managers tactics working well, each and every player busting a gut to get this play off slot sealed. 'Mon the South!

Well said baga there's been to much negative posts on her lately

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Dobmeister, I 100% agree with you and in particular your last line. "Criticising the team on a football forum does not equate to not giving support at games."
    It is impossible on a forum to cover every aspect of your thoughts without boring people sh***less.

I will be the first to agree with everyone that Queens have an inability to deal with cross balls, and I've made this point ump**** times, - but very little seems to be done about it. If Martin, - who is without doubt one of the best shot stoppers in the division, - could be much more positive in collecting cross balls, or scaring the living daylights out of every potential player who thinks about heading a ball, - by making it clear that he will attempt to punch every ball he cannot catch. If Martin became known as a keeper who punched, - then you will see players thinking twice about putting their head in the danger zone.

Last Saturday at the corner (from which Alloa scored their 1st goal) the near post was initially covered by (I think Nicky Low,) - but when the cross came over he left the near post, - and we all know what happened. Simple things like covering the posts at corners would help.

Those are my initial constructive thoughts on the defence, - and once again I would like to see Jordan Marshall playing a more forward role in the left of midfield, as he can really hurt teams with his pace and strength.

I still believe that the team and manager are giving 100% and because of that I feel it is harsh to dismiss the team as "not good enough."

However, regardless of how much effort the players and managers put into each game, there does come a time when changes in style are required and a keeper who completely commands his box is paramount.

Perhaps Queens have been undone by the TV cameras at Pittodrie, where Cosgrove and co showed how simple it was to rip the defence apart with unchallenged headers, - and let's be honest if you were Alloa, Morton and the rest, - you'd be pinging in crosses all day long.

That for me is our achilles heal and time and again we pay for it, - much to the frustration of the supporters who have also pointed it out over and over again.
    Good post Jardi. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Of course ultimately we all want the same thing which is for our team to succeed. Onward we go to EEP on Saturday.
    i suspect it won`t be pretty but hopefully we can stop this run of defeats.

Nothing wrong with the players it's the manager that's the problem.
    Yes we've been unlucky especially on Saturday, so no complaints there, we tried but last night's starting 11 was shambolic!
    If it was against anyone in the top 3 it could nearly be justified but against a team below us where we should be at least trying to get points from, disgusting.
    Two games ago we were going for a top 4. Last night sent a clear message out.. HELP!!

I'll say it again, we are too good to go down so why is Naysmith panicking !?! Play to our strengths and set out to win the rest will follow. Set out like last night and not only does it put us in grave danger it will also drive yet more fans away.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Nothing wrong with the players it's the manager that's the problem.
    Yes we've been unlucky especially on Saturday, so no complaints there, we tried but last night's starting 11 was shambolic!
    If it was against anyone in the top 3 it could nearly be justified but against a team below us where we should be at least trying to get points from, disgusting.
    Two games ago we were going for a top 4. Last night sent a clear message out.. HELP!!

I'll say it again, we are too good to go down so why is Naysmith panicking !?! Play to our strengths and set out to win the rest will follow. Set out like last night and not only does it put us in grave danger it will also drive yet more fans away.

who is doing the interviews with naysmith and why isnt he asking naysmith questions like why is he so defensive and also why the feck were players like stirling and aird not starting at morton ahead of 2 defenders in the midfield ,naysmith needs to be put on the spot for all fans to hear not just at agms and slo events for the happy clappers ,i want to hear what he says to why he started a match with 6 defenders on the park and 2 defensive mids ,is he deliberately trying to get us relegated .ask him this whoever interviews him .

Sandra Brown conducts the interviews and she is s Queens fan. Better with Jane Lewis who supports Well to be at Palmerston more often

Sandra Brown is excellent at her job.

He did justify going defensive on the wings by saying something about they had big physical players down the wide areas.

He just over analysises the opposition instead of thinking let's take the game to them.

He never even acknowledged he messed up with the team selection which is slightly worrying. I just don't think he has any faith in Andy Stirling because he's quick to drop him at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    He did justify going defensive on the wings by saying something about they had big physical players down the wide areas.

He just over analysises the opposition instead of thinking let's take the game to them.

He never even acknowledged he messed up with the team selection which is slightly worrying. I just don't think he has any faith in Andy Stirling because he's quick to drop him at every opportunity.
    I agree 100% Deek that Naysmith has a tendency to over analyse the opposition and sets up to nullify them rather than to play to our strengths on too many occasions especially away from home. We should concentrate on our main asset Sir Stephen and give him all the support he needs by pushing forward especially from midfield and the wings, which means starting with Stirling, ably supported by Dykes because we always look vulnerable at the back and prone to losing soft goals. When we do set up negatively the game has a 0-0 written all over it from the start and in our present position draws are not good enough. He did give it a go against Alloa but we well truly unfortunate not to win that game but that is the nature of the game but we need to be on the offensive from the start in all games from here on in.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)