+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ton vs. Doonhamers

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Cannae watch that! ...... how on earth does he motivate players before match's ...... it's footballing equivalent to ****ing Morrissey .....

I can't make it all go away and for everybody to be happy as Bagagpapa suggests, - but a sense of reality is required. Could no -one else see the possibility of Queens getting into trouble just a few short weeks ago? No, I didn't think so, - therefore we need to get behind the team and the manager and give them as much support as we possibly can.

Our manager was voted manager of the month in January, while Dobbie was player of the month. Our manager and Mr. Dobbie do not suddenly become sackable just one month later FFS!

As for Stravaiger and his walking off the edge of a cliff motto, - that's what it must feel like for Naysmith and the team at the moment, - especially as the 'supporters' desert them, - even though they are trying very hard indeed.

Do I think we'll get a result on Saturday.........no if I'm honest. Dunfermline are in the middle of a good patch having struggled for the entire season themselves, - but they'll have 4 and a half thousand supporters backing them on Saturday - as they have had all season.

Queens probably need the time to get men fit for Inverness, - who incidentally are having a really catastrophic season having posted a loss of £800K, - some four times more than Queens.

I think the least we can do as a group of supporters is firstly pray for the team for Saturday and then give the squad their full backing for ICT. If at that point there is no significant change in fortunes..........then serious questions will need to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    Cannae watch that! ...... how on earth does he motivate players before match's ...... it's footballing equivalent to ****ing Morrissey .....
    A few seasons ago the Great Escapes One and Two were exciting but really don't want the scenario of number Three !

So let's look at Queens slump in form;
    As stated Naysmith and Dobbie won the Manager and Player of the Month for January 2019. Queens had a 1-1 draw vs. Ayr at Palmerston just before the start of January, then Queens won 2-1 at Inverness, defeated Ross County 4-0 at Dumfries. Also lost 2-1 away to Partick.
    Got a 1-1 draw at Dens Park vs. Dundee in the Scottish Cup before winning the replay at Palmerston 3-0

Into February and the curse truly strikes as Queens lost away to Falkirk 3-0, away to Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup 4-1, at home to Dundee Utd 1-0, at home to Alloa 2-1 and away to Greenock Morton 1-0. So that is 6 defeats in the last 7 games (league & cup) and 5 straight league defeats.
    This is Queens worst run since the 7 straight league defeats just before Naysmith's appointment in December 2016...

Dobbie hasn't scored a league goal since his penalty at Firhill on 26 January and scored all 4 goals vs. Dundee over the two Scottish Cup games in January and also scored away to Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup in February.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 27-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I can't make it all go away and for everybody to be happy as Bagagpapa suggests, - but a sense of reality is required. Could no -one else see the possibility of Queens getting into trouble just a few short weeks ago? No, I didn't think so, - therefore we need to get behind the team and the manager and give them as much support as we possibly can.

Our manager was voted manager of the month in January, while Dobbie was player of the month. Our manager and Mr. Dobbie do not suddenly become sackable just one month later FFS!

As for Stravaiger and his walking off the edge of a cliff motto, - that's what it must feel like for Naysmith and the team at the moment, - especially as the 'supporters' desert them, - even though they are trying very hard indeed.

Do I think we'll get a result on Saturday.........no if I'm honest. Dunfermline are in the middle of a good patch having struggled for the entire season themselves, - but they'll have 4 and a half thousand supporters backing them on Saturday - as they have had all season.

Queens probably need the time to get men fit for Inverness, - who incidentally are having a really catastrophic season having posted a loss of £800K, - some four times more than Queens.

I think the least we can do as a group of supporters is firstly pray for the team for Saturday and then give the squad their full backing for ICT. If at that point there is no significant change in fortunes..........then serious questions will need to be asked.
    I agree with some of what you say Jardi but a couple of points need made. Lots of us including but not exclusively you could see that we could feature in the play-offs at either end of the table. You were the one who warned us that Thistle and Falkirk would not go down. A risk of featuring in the bottom end play-offs has now been compounded by a real risk of automatic relegation. I don`t think we will go down but the risk is real.

I couldn`t care less how catastrophic a season ICT are having. The very fact that a team with Shaun Rooney in defence is comfortably above us in the league says plenty about our defensive woes.

Last night`s team selection was designed to ****fest a draw or steal a win. That`s fine but if you lose (again) to a late goal from a high cross then criticism of the manger is expected and in all honesty deserved.

Criticising the team on a football forum does not equate to not giving support at games.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 27-02-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Championship Form Guide
    Points Last Six

Dundee Utd 13
    Falkirk 12
    Ross County 12
    Dunfermline 10
    Partick Thistle 10
    Ayr Utd 7
    Inverness CT 7
    Alloa Athletic 6
    Morton 5
    QoS 3

"I agree with some of what you say Jardi but a couple of points need made. Lots of us including but not exclusively you could see that we could feature in the play-offs at either end of the table. You were the one who warned us that Thistle and Falkirk would not go down. A risk of featuring in the bottom end play-offs has now been compounded by a real risk of automatic relegation. I don`t think we will go down but the risk is real.

I couldn`t care less how catastrophic a season ICT are having. The very fact that a team with Shaun Rooney in defence is comfortably above us in the league says plenty about our defensive woes.

I still believe that the team and manager are giving 100% and because of that I feel it is harsh to dismiss the team as "not good enough."

However, regardless of how much effort the players and managers put into each game, there does come a time when changes in style are required and a keeper who completely commands his box is paramount.

Perhaps Queens have been undone by the TV cameras at Pittodrie, where Cosgrove and co showed how simple it was to rip the defence apart with unchallenged headers, - and let's be honest if you were Alloa, Morton and the rest, - you'd be pinging in crosses all day long.

That for me is our achilles heal and time and again we pay for it, - much to the frustration of the supporters who have also pointed it out over and over again.

Last night`s team selection was designed to ****fest a draw or steal a win. That`s fine but if you lose (again) to a late goal from a high cross then criticism of the manger is expected and in all honesty deserved.

Criticising the team on a football forum does not equate to not giving support at games."

Dobmeister, I 100% agree with you and in particular your last line. It is impossible on a forum to cover every aspect of your thoughts without boring people sh***less.

I will be the first to agree with everyone that Queens have an inability to deal with cross balls, and I've made this point ump**** times, - but very little seems to be done about it. If Martin, - who is without doubt one of the best shot stoppers in the division, - could be much more positive in collecting cross balls, or scaring the living daylights out of every potential player who thinks about heading a ball, - by making it clear that he will attempt to punch every ball he cannot catch. If he became known as a keeper who punched then you will see players thinking twice about putting their head in the danger zone.

Last Saturday at the corner (from which Alloa scored their 1st goal) the near post was initially covered by I think Nicky Low, - but when the cross came over he left the near post, - and we all know what happened. Simple things like covering the posts at corners would help.

Those are my initial constructive thoughts on the defence, - and once again I would like to see Jordan Marshall playing a more forward role in the left of midfield, as he can really hurt teams with his pace and strength.

Dobmeister, I 100% agree with you and in particular your last line. "Criticising the team on a football forum does not equate to not giving support at games."
    It is impossible on a forum to cover every aspect of your thoughts without boring people sh***less.

I will be the first to agree with everyone that Queens have an inability to deal with cross balls, and I've made this point ump**** times, - but very little seems to be done about it. If Martin, - who is without doubt one of the best shot stoppers in the division, - could be much more positive in collecting cross balls, or scaring the living daylights out of every potential player who thinks about heading a ball, - by making it clear that he will attempt to punch every ball he cannot catch. If Martin became known as a keeper who punched, - then you will see players thinking twice about putting their head in the danger zone.

Last Saturday at the corner (from which Alloa scored their 1st goal) the near post was initially covered by (I think Nicky Low,) - but when the cross came over he left the near post, - and we all know what happened. Simple things like covering the posts at corners would help.

Those are my initial constructive thoughts on the defence, - and once again I would like to see Jordan Marshall playing a more forward role in the left of midfield, as he can really hurt teams with his pace and strength.

I still believe that the team and manager are giving 100% and because of that I feel it is harsh to dismiss the team as "not good enough."

However, regardless of how much effort the players and managers put into each game, there does come a time when changes in style are required and a keeper who completely commands his box is paramount.

Perhaps Queens have been undone by the TV cameras at Pittodrie, where Cosgrove and co showed how simple it was to rip the defence apart with unchallenged headers, - and let's be honest if you were Alloa, Morton and the rest, - you'd be pinging in crosses all day long.

That for me is our achilles heal and time and again we pay for it, - much to the frustration of the supporters who have also pointed it out over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Championship Form Guide
    Points Last Six

Dundee Utd 13
    Falkirk 12
    Ross County 12
    Dunfermline 10
    Partick Thistle 10
    Ayr Utd 7
    Inverness CT 7
    Alloa Athletic 6
    Morton 5
    QoS 3
    The form over the last 6 games is even more depressing than over the last 8 games.
    Let's hope Queens recent and decent form at East End Park continues...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)