+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Anna Soubry becomes a leaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Obviously the same applies to Chris Leslie. Strange that no comment was made on here , upon his defection.
    He should stand for re-election, the people of Nottingham East voted for a Labour MP. As I understand it, he may need directions because he doesn't come here very often.

I wonder what the newly formed "Party" will be called as Independent Group of MP's is a bit of a mouthfull.
    How about the Blajor Party after its ideological principles, maybe the Liberineker Party if it wants BBC funding, or perhaps something simple like WaT.
    Last edited by nottsco2002; 20-02-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well, one of is certainly "to think" to understand it.

So you're saying that all those MPs where the majority vote was to remain should be doing all they can to prevent Brexit? Or does democracy only work when you agree with it? I've said it many times, the only truly democratic way to represent the 52/48 vote split is for Mrs May to negotiate a very soft Brexit. I'm sure that as a true advocate of democracy you would agree.

Wrong. The majority won. Out of the customs union, out all together of the corrupt and failing EUSSR, the hardest of hard Brexits please. What do you think the Marxist Corbyn would do, well, today I mean, I know it will change tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Wrong. The majority won. Out of the customs union, out all together of the corrupt and failing EUSSR, the hardest of hard Brexits please.
    Are you really still dreaming of a hard Brexit? Oh dear!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    What do you think the Marxist Corbyn would do, well, today I mean, I know it will change tomorrow.
    I think he would make a complete f*ck-up of the whole thing. Just like the Tories have.

It makes me smile that they wont accept the democratic vote on brexit and want a second one, but they don't want a second vote on whether they should represent a party no one voted for. Hypocrits or what?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It makes me smile that they wont accept the democratic vote on brexit and want a second one, but they don't want a second vote on whether they should represent a party no one voted for. Hypocrits or what?
    What made me laugh was Soubry saying that her former colleagues feared the party more than the people who elected them ........Absoute classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I'm not sure how accurate that figure can be given the website is of such a poor GCSE grade that it allowed anyone to register multiple times.

Here's a list of a few folks that make up that 100k figure

Mr P. Nesshead
    Mr G. String
    Mr Y. Front
    Mr T. Osser
    Mr B. Oddie
    I actually registered on the Labour Party site , as both Rupert Bear , and Adolf Hitler, and received regular correspondence addressed to both

Jack Boots in Nutwood? I suppose at least Rupert does wear a red jumper , but I think Labour HQ addressing funding requests to the Fuhrer, might show a scant attention to detail

Are you really still dreaming of a hard Brexit? Oh dear!

I think he would make a complete f*ck-up of the whole thing. Just like the Tories have.

Well at least the Tories are in power, something Commie Corbyn will never get near.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    What made me laugh was Soubry saying that her former colleagues feared the party more than the people who elected them ........Absoute classic!
    Laugh all you like, but I think she has a point as do the Labour leavers. Both parties seem to be being infiltrated by some pretty nasty people who want to move them in a more extreme direction. The last thing we need is extremism, whether it's right or left. Even if it gets formed it's doubtful that this new party will amount to anything (although they are as low as 8/1 to win the next general election), but if it turns out to be the first step in breaking the two-party political stranglehold it will be worthwhile.

Rubbish. The lovely Anna is obviously a highly principled woman who has been firmly anti-Brexit from day one. Just like Tommy Robinson she's "standing up for what she believes in", and the likes of you and Tricky always seemed to admire that.

If you really didn't know she was pro-Europe when you placed your 'X' next to her name, it shows how thick you are.
    Would you have been just as thick to vote for Chris Leslie?
    Are we not entitled to think the main plank of a manifesto means something?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast