+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Anna Soubry becomes a leaver.

At the moment the defectors seem to be mainly women, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    No, I wouldn't describe Blair as left wing, I would describe him as a ****.

Now you could argue that the rest of the MPs are not much better, but I have given an example locally of Vernon Coaker, who is certainly not far left, who works far harder than Chris Leslie. Why would anyone support this lot, who are at the bottom of the barrel even by MP's standards. Left or right, is that the only issue? How about good or bad? No-one is so bland to have a centrist view on everything, sometimes the left are right, sometimes the right, but the centre is always a pointless compromise.
    I have to agree with you that a normal person would have views that would be towards the "Left" and some to the "Right" which in a way makes you wonder why some individuals openly pin their colours to the mast. With regards to this "new" party its just another middle class liberal set up, the one thing we actually don't need in this country. We do seem short of a political entity that predominantly represents the lower middle class, the working class and the underclass, those forced to the margins of society through no fault of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    I have to agree with you that a normal person would have views that would be towards the "Left" and some to the "Right" which in a way makes you wonder why some individuals openly pin their colours to the mast. With regards to this "new" party its just another middle class liberal set up, the one thing we actually don't need in this country. We do seem short of a political entity that predominantly represents the lower middle class, the working class and the underclass, those forced to the margins of society through no fault of their own.
    Having heard Soubrey's opinion of the white working class, I don't think you'll get much support from that quarter.

Seeing the theatrical entry of the Tory Trio into the independent benches today, perhaps "When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?" might have seemed appropriate to the casual observer .

Ah well it's saved the Broxtowe constituency selection committee a job , pity really, I got the impression that they might have enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Having heard Soubrey's opinion of the white working class, I don't think you'll get much support from that quarter.

Seeing the theatrical entry of the Tory Trio into the independent benches today, perhaps "When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?" might have seemed appropriate to the casual observer .

Ah well it's saved the Broxtowe constituency selection committee a job , pity really, I got the impression that they might have enjoyed it.
    Its not just the "White" working class, I have many black and asian friends through my work who identify as working class and they say their needs are the same, all of them hate the Flabbott, Lammy types, and ironically nearly all voted to leave the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Its not just the "White" working class, I have many black and asian friends through my work who identify as working class and they say their needs are the same, all of them hate the Flabbott, Lammy types, and ironically nearly all voted to leave the EU.
    Well they are obviously racist, bigots,xenophobic,little Englanders.
    How dare they have an opinion like that.

Fascinating stuff! Some very good points made, particularly by Bohinen & Elite - with whom I do not share any political alliance but agree with some of their respective views and analysis on this topic.

I said around the time of the last 2 Gen Elections that Labour would face a massive split - in part because of the ideological highjacking of the party by Corbyn/MCDonnell and the Momemntum group & also due to the working people in the UK increasingly seeing that their hopes and aspirations were not represented and/or supported by Labour policies. The Brexit factor has also had an effect but the reality is that these defectors, as Bo stated, have no cohesion, nothing that fundamentally binds them together - they are an independent group of nobodies. Now they have been joined by the serial whinger and vacuous Soubry plus a couple of other nonentities. Hope she takes the dinsosaur Clarke with her too, but he'll probably just hang up his boots having had his nose in the trough for long enough whilst doing nothing productive, just whined and moaned, for the last 20 years.

Whilst there may be a need for a "new" party, it is unlikely that anything formed from this bunch of never will be's, no hopers and generally useless nobodies will actually amount to a serious challenge. They are just a random group of fairly ineffective MP's.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The 2 party system was broken in France and other countries are following, whether that is good or bad I don't know.
    It isn't going great for the French at the moment though.
    I don't think it matters how many new parties we form here really because it is obvious it will take more than a new party to unite this country at the moment.
    That is a fair point.

However, it is also true that we, the electorate, have been badly let down by our politicians. Parl't has shown itself in its true colours over the past 2 + years. Instead of a concerted and collective approach to a major national issue there has been too much petty internal wrangling, ideological posturing and party political point scoring. The result of which is that democracy is being jeopardised, the voters are being patronised and the anarchists/anti-democratic fringes are having a field day.

I've never been so disillusioned with Parl't aand MP's, it is a tragic really. There is, as I mentioned 3 years ago, room for a Social Alliance party that actually breaks away from the outdated party stereotypes. Sadly, the Independent Group represent nothing and no one but themselves. They were all either useless and/or on the way out anyway, as Bohinen, indicated.

Labour is still fighting a battle that was won generations ago and is an increasingly anachronistic party of ideology and rhetoric. The Conservatives have never been good at PR and don't have the savvy media friendly mouthpices that Labour can trot out but they also have too many dinosuars like Clarke and until they shed that "old fashioned" approach they will struggle to regain lost voters, or indeed new ones. It may well be time for a new party but is isn't clear what that is going to be if it contains this rabble of "show" defectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Whilst there may be a need for a "new" party, it is unlikely that anything formed from this bunch of never will be's, no hopers and generally useless nobodies will actually amount to a serious challenge. They are just a random group of fairly ineffective MP's.
    I think their only hope is to attract several more defectors. They are already behind only the two main parties and the SNP in terms of numbers, so could have a big say in any hung parliament. The problem is how many of them would retain their seats standing as independents or for a new party? My guess is very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think their only hope is to attract several more defectors. They are already behind only the two main parties and the SNP in terms of numbers, so could have a big say in any hung parliament. The problem is how many of them would retain their seats standing as independents or for a new party? My guess is very few.
    Agreed. If there was a GE tomorrow or a by election, I wonder if any would regain their seat. But everything has to start somewhere, and a couple of years down the line, with more joining them and a strong leader and clearly defined policies, who knows?

I see that another serial wet & hopeless failure is considering her options! Justin Greening - step forward. Knows sod all about sod all and about as much in touch with everyday folks as the rest of 'em. A woman of no substance who has consistently let the electorate, her constituents, her party and her leader down. That's all they need, more dross than the Notts teams earlier this season.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast