+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Anna Soubry becomes a leaver.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The 2 party system was broken in France and other countries are following, whether that is good or bad I don't know.
    It isn't going great for the French at the moment though.
    I don't think it matters how many new parties we form here really because it is obvious it will take more than a new party to unite this country at the moment.
    Congrats, i961, on the soundest and least toxic poet on a fred that is horribly judgemental as people who possess no knowledge of others call them lazy, people of no substance, self-serving and hypocrites. All qualities which can be found in your average Notts County fan.
    Of course, the central plank of most of these toxic posts is that they come from idiots who think a hard break with Europe won't come at a massive price. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Congrats, i961, on the soundest and least toxic poet on a fred that is horribly judgemental as people who possess no knowledge of others call them lazy, people of no substance, self-serving and hypocrites. All qualities which can be found in your average Notts County fan.
    Of course, the central plank of most of these toxic posts is that they come from idiots who think a hard break with Europe won't come at a massive price. We shall see.
    Whoops! Sorry Sidders, didn't realise you were the arbiter and chief post judge - a tad of hypocrisy and double standards creeping into,your post too. if expressing opinions, including a view about those in public life who have a record of failure and/or Jin achievement, is classed as "toxic" then we are really are in for a bumpy ride from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    I see that another serial wet & hopeless failure is considering her options! Justin Greening - step forward. Knows sod all about sod all and about as much in touch with everyday folks as the rest of 'em. A woman of no substance who has consistently let the electorate, her constituents, her party and her leader down. That's all they need, more dross than the Notts teams earlier this season.
    Don't like Greening but I think that anyone who moved across from the Tories would cause them problems

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Whoops! Sorry Sidders, didn't realise you were the arbiter and chief post judge - a tad of hypocrisy and double standards creeping into,your post too. if expressing opinions, including a view about those in public life who have a record of failure and/or Jin achievement, is classed as "toxic" then we are really are in for a bumpy ride from you.
    Who am I in judgement of? All I'm saying is that people like Justin Greening (who you crucify with absolutely no inside knowledge) has the same failings as the rest of us. Just because you're an MP doesn't beatify you - as both parties provides more than their share of examples.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Here you go Sid, this is the view of Jon Collins, who I am guessing is better informed about Chris Leslie's constituency activities than you are.

Councillor Collins, who represents the St Ann’s ward for Labour, said: “Chris labours under the misapprehension that the unhappiness in Nottingham East was all some hard-left Momentum-inspired plot.

“But I think the reality is there was widespread unhappiness with the fact he was hardly ever seen in the constituency, and didn’t feel the need to do regular advice surgeries or do much casework, unlike our other two MPs.

“He seemed broadly disinterested in Nottingham and that definitely has generated a view that well if he wants to go, that’s up to him and I’m sure the Labour party will be able to find somebody far more enthusiastic and energetic about representing local people and local people’s concerns.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...leslie-2561942

If more MPs resign from their respective parties and a deal can't be reached next week I hope May calls a general election. (I don't think it will happen) but it would be interesting to see how many of the rebels retain their seats standing on a second referendum only and as independants.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If more MPs resign from their respective parties and a deal can't be reached next week I hope May calls a general election. (I don't think it will happen) but it would be interesting to see how many of the rebels retain their seats standing on a second referendum only and as independants.
    I don’t think any politician leaving the Tories or Labour is doing it as a career choice - obviously would be easier to stay within the party fold. Few would be re-elected as independents, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Everyone can’t be a lemming blindly running toward the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I don’t think any politician leaving the Tories or Labour is doing it as a career choice - obviously would be easier to stay within the party fold. Few would be re-elected as independents, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Everyone can’t be a lemming blindly running toward the cliff.
    Totally agree. I don’t agree with a lot of what some of these people have voted for, but I admire their guts in standing up for themselves against the party machines and incompetent leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    These people's careers are already on a downward spiral.

I have shown that Chris Leslie is regarded as a poor constituency MP by someone who has to work closely with him (one of his local councillors and the leader on Nottingham City Council). This is despite Sid accusing people of criticising these MPS without any knowledge of them. Well, I have no personal knowledge of Hitler, but I've heard he wasn't very nice. That's what the power that reading gives you, knowledge that is not drawn from first hand experience. And though I am not drinking mates or even a nodding acquaintance of the other Tiggers (The Independent Group), from what I've read, they seem to have an agenda that doesn't actually involve representing the people who voted for them.

So yes, it is a career move, given that they've run out of people in the own parties who will indulge them. Chuka Umunna, for example, is dying to lead a party, any party, it doesn't matter which because he has no polices anyway, he just feels it's his right to be in charge. And this is where it will all end in tears with toys thrown out the pram. 11 egotists, some of whom are also megalomaniacs, wanting their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Totally agree. I don’t agree with a lot of what some of these people have voted for, but I admire their guts in standing up for themselves against the party machines and incompetent leaders.
    Come on, if these people didn't agree with you on Brexit, you wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast