+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Richie Towell opens up over contract

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Would you have him if the wage was on par with these players?
    I think on this seasons performances he would be worth less than all of these but I fear that he will be after more because presumably he is on much more than all of these at the moment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Always makes me laugh that people think they know how much a player earns....you don't.

No they don’t

But they do know what he isn’t earning.

Plus the clubs published accounts showing the wages bill gives a tough estimate

Towner. In league one we were paying a 1/4 of his wage and he was still one of our top earners. So since we have a educated estimate from past account's it's not hard to guestimates 12/14k don't forget Brighton are a premier side so there's a good chance he's had a wage increase

Lots of guesses there !

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Towner. In league one we were paying a 1/4 of his wage and he was still one of our top earners. So since we have a educated estimate from past account's it's not hard to guestimates 12/14k don't forget Brighton are a premier side so there's a good chance he's had a wage increase
    Who was paying the other 3/4?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    No way will this happen, he his not worth more wages than Smith, Ajayi, Robertson, Mattock, Vaulks or Williams ?
    Fully agree,we have to be careful not to agree a deal, which will probably upset players, who are more skillful, having agreed to lower wages.However, what we should be doing is offering better contracts, to the above mentioned.It makes no economic sense, to allow a very good player to run out his contract and receive nothing at all.Tie these good players down NOW.We have not invested in new players coming in ,therefore there are funds there, that should be used to extend these contracts.

If we’re allowed to guess, I’m guessing the stumbling block was a pay-cut or free if relegated clause.
    So if that guess is correct my next guess would be RT is waiting to see what division we’re in next season before committing.

Guessing is pointless so let’s just see what happens.

Lots of guesses there !
    Nope just one.
    Btw it was 300k fee agreed with Brighton if you didn't want to guess.

Your kinda right loyal that it was the pay cut that was the stumbling block but not the championship wage. It's the clause regarding relegation pay cut that's written into all Rotherham players contracts..
    Saying that I could be guessing ����

Always makes me laugh that people think they know how much a player earns....you don't.
    There are all kinds of reasons why fans could find out what players earn. The club employs a lot of people and not all of them are discreet, they like people to know when they have the scoop or the skinny. Add to this the fact that players like to speak about how much they earn amongst themselves and others and many of them live in the area and these things get out. FWIW much of the first team squad are paid very similarly as part of Warne's policy.

Not worth the stress, get shut and stick with Crookes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast