+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodak

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Where would you put Camp?
    In the Camp maybe?

Not having a settled back four can't be helping.

he was always going to make mistakes. he hasn't played that much in his career and is stepping up to a good standard.

he will go on to be a championship standard regular atleast.

Have I missed something
    Where is he making mistakes
    Made a couple as long ago as wba and didn't do too well at Brum but recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s a series of thirds.

A third of the keepers in the Championship are worse than him, a third about the same and a third better.

In his career there’s no better place for his development, quality opposition and a lot for him to do. I don’t think there’s a keeper in the Championship that’s faced more shots than him.
    So you think about 7 keepers are better than Rodak? Not sure I agree with that based on what I've seen this season.

Middle third.

Good technically but questionable temperament

I used to put it in a cup but i never really liked it..
    Much prefer nescafe gold... 😋

What struck me recently when watching coverage of Gordon Banks was how better defences seemed when goalkeepers used to catch the ball

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    What struck me recently when watching coverage of Gordon Banks was how better defences seemed when goalkeepers used to catch the ball
    Yes true.

I put it down to the pause in the play that catching the ball introduces. When the ball is in the keepers hands the defence gets a quick breather and can recover their shape. If the ball is punched out it becomes a 50/50 ball and the defence can quickly come under pressure again.

I think he's pretty reliable. And hasn't done too much wrong. He's certainly been responsible for rescuing more points than forfeiting them. Last season he was pretty good at saving shots with his body and knees from point blank range. This always looked good. He's had less of that type of saving to do this year since the quality of finishing has generally been better with well placed shots from balls flashed across goal not really giving him much chance. He has occasionally been caught out of position though which comes from a lack of experience at this level. He will undoubtedly get better. For a 21 year old, he's rapidly becoming quite a wise head. In my book still a work in progress but would not look out of place in most of the teams in the middle third of this league.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast