+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodak

Rodak

I know I was blowing the trumpet for the lad last season and think I commented he would one day sell for more money than k Moore...
    Question is. Does anyone think he's championship Std at this moment in time?..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I know I was blowing the trumpet for the lad last season and think I commented he would one day sell for more money than k Moore...
    Question is. Does anyone think he's championship Std at this moment in time?..
    It’s a series of thirds.

A third of the keepers in the Championship are worse than him, a third about the same and a third better.

In his career there’s no better place for his development, quality opposition and a lot for him to do. I don’t think there’s a keeper in the Championship that’s faced more shots than him.

It’s a fair point about development. Roos has been in that top 3rd this season.

At this moment in time he’s making mistakes because of his lack of experience in the championship so no he isn’t up to standard imo.

I’ll give him benefit of doubt on Saturday’s game due to sun maybe had been in his eyes.

Think his shot stopping is up to scratch, but he's too slow and indecisive coming out for me.

Think we could do better

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s a series of thirds.

A third of the keepers in the Championship are worse than him, a third about the same and a third better.

In his career there’s no better place for his development, quality opposition and a lot for him to do. I don’t think there’s a keeper in the Championship that’s faced more shots than him.
    Where would you put Camp?

I've always said Rodak would go on to be a top class keeper even when he was making mistakes in his early games with us.
    Those who criticise him seem to forget he's only 21 and I bet there aren't many keepers of his sort of age playing in the Championship and even less who are full internationals!
    To anyone who claims we could do better I would just say name someone who falls within our price range/wage structure and meets the criteria set out by the manager.
    Hmm, thought not.

I'm a bit disappointed with his form this season. He's not very commanding. Usually very quiet and just gets on with it. All the top keepers shout and scream at everything within 20 yards of goal. As mellow says. He's still young though

Come on Mellow read Caytons post again, the replies are being honest to the question, that doesn’t mean they don’t think he’ll be a excellent keeper in a few years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast