+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did try to warn people Lampard was clueless. He's conned most of the DCFC fan base.

Did try to warn people Lampard was clueless. He's conned most of the DCFC fan base.

And Morris as well

Lumbered us with some of the worst dross we'll see in a long time as well

Marriott, Holmes and Jezefzoon are without doubt the most average footballers we could have signed

Marriott who everyone seems to love does a lot of huffing and pu**ing but little else

Jozefzoon I knew was another Camera from the Clement debacle

Fast and..... nothing else... basically Theo Robinson mark 2

There are some good players in there that should be doing better though, but Franks not the man for this league sadly

I agree

Lets bare one thing in mind before anything else

He sold last seasons golden boot winner to fund the Jozefzoon and Waghorn signings......

Waghorn who was a direct replacement was then punted out onto the wing for 95% of his playing time

Marriott cannot play in a 433 and neither can Waghorn, Jozefzoon and Wilson (another of his signings), the only one who can out of his signings is Mount, just shows how clueless he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Lets bare one thing in mind before anything else

how clueless he is.
    Starting to share DCFCA's anger, I turned down two free tix to The Brits to watch that dross.

What I see, not sure if anyone else does, is that some players, Bogle notably, actually look scared to break the mould of ponderous crossfield passing. Someone should tell FL he's not managing Chelsea, he needs to lower his expectations about what Championship players are capable of

Not like you to overreact DCFCA...but have to agree with much of what you say.
    Doubtless ‘Amster will give us a more in depth and well thought through critique of tonight’s performance.
    Can’t help feeling though that our season ended tonight...miserable, pitiful, spineless performance that has been coming for a while.
    Whatever else there is to say, we’re lacking leadership, commitment and any semblance of confidence, consistency, urgency and expectation...simple as that.
    Unless there’s a spectacular change in mindset I fear we’re looking at a bit of a spanking next Monday.
    There’s always next season I suppose, but sadly there’s going to be sod all to build on from this one and, yet again, it won’t be any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Starting to share DCFCA's anger, I turned down two free tix to The Brits to watch that dross.

What I see, not sure if anyone else does, is that some players, Bogle notably, actually look scared to break the mould of ponderous crossfield passing. Someone should tell FL he's not managing Chelsea, he needs to lower his expectations about what Championship players are capable of
    Whilst its all very depressing, its all too familiar, a bright start to the season then after Christmas the same old dreary lack lustre performances, with a side that seems to have lost all knowledge of how to play football.

But this happens whatever the make up of the squad and whatever the manager, Mac, Clement (though we were at lest 5th when he was sacked), Rowatt et al, the song remains the same - so those who claim second sight and make out they knew Lampard would be a flop aren't exactly Nostradamus and I struggle to think it would be different under any other manager.

I do wonder how clubs like Huddersfield, Norwich, Wolves and Cardiff manage to get promotion - OK Wolves spent a fair bit, but then so have we.

Is it down to poor scouting? We do have a habit of spending high prices on players that fail to perform consistently and pick up older players who frankly seem to be just picking up a last pay packet.

So perhaps its time for a revamp? Use younger hungrier players, slim down the squad, so that there is genuine competition but no players getting paid thousands to not even sit on the bench?

I'm not in favour of getting rid of Lampard, he has to date done no worse than other managers and surely we need a little consistency on the management front and allow him this summer to reshape the squad in his own image?

However, as i posted after the Ipswich game, I don't see us making the playoffs and in fact hope we don't, I can't stand yet more false hope, would rather we figure out a plan for next season, blood a few youngsters and prepare to say farewell to those whose contracts end in June and so free up some wages.

As for having a go at Morris, well words fail me, some fans have no gratitude and its easy to snipe when one is never going to be in a position to put their money or efforts where their mouth is.

Bad as recent performances are rA, and I agree that this season is dead now, it's next season that bothers me!! With several out of contract players who are unlikely to be offered new deals and with the loanees likely to be on their bikes a major rebuild will be necessary which, with the money box looking somewhat bereft of funds, ain't a pleasant thought!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Bad as recent performances are rA, and I agree that this season is dead now, it's next season that bothers me!! With several out of contract players who are unlikely to be offered new deals and with the loanees likely to be on their bikes a major rebuild will be necessary which, with the money box looking somewhat bereft of funds, ain't a pleasant thought!!
    they aren't just bad, they're boring. I'd be almost as raging after tonights game if we'd won.

Its Mel Morrises wreckless spending that has landed us in this mess

We had in Pearson a man who knew the problems as soon as he walked in, but wasn't allowed to rectify it, he was allowed to shunt Martin out on load and that was pretty much it

If we'd have stuck with him he'd have sorted the mess out long ago, he did a similar job at Leicester before taking them up

Lampard is trying to implement a continental style of football with a combination of past it cloggers like Nugent and Huddleston, a bunch of youth players who were plying their trade in league 1 last season in Holmes and Marriott, other youngsters like Bogle and Bennett... Scott Malone is being asked to play the Ashley Cole in his pomp days?

He does realise he only has Championship players doesn't he? Waghorn is supposed to be this Bastian Schweinsteiger esp winger? sorry but its simply not going to work Frank,,, and this is one of the many many reasons he's no good for this club,, he's expecting to much from average footballers,, because he's a past winner of everything, he played alongside world class players.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)