+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More VAR nonsense

More VAR nonsense

I was watching the City game last night, the ball glanced off Otamendi's arm, but he was trying to get his arm out of the way, it was clearly not intentional and the ref quite rightly didn't award a pen. Then the pantomime season started, it had to be seen to be believed, three minutes or so of absolute farce to end up with the wrong decision. I don't want to watch a game that gives a goal to a team just because the ball brushes off a defender's arm, goals are supposed to be hard to score, not a free gift from some muppet sat in a TV studio, and I don't want to watch a game that takes three minutes to make a wrong decision. So off went the telly and it was back to sorting out today's horse racing.

That's me done with football and VAR, I'm finished with it, I'll stick to non league and games without VAR from now on, I just can't take any more.

Couldn't agree more, i gave up watching football on the TV years ago. Theirs too much talking mostly bu*****t and the defending of the worst refereeing decisions and the players constantly cheating by pundits or so called ex pros (who should know better) use to drive me insane. I only watch live footy now keeps the blood pressure down. Sky have completely ruined football on TV in my opinion.

I shall be watching the Clarets on Sky in my comfy armchair on Saturday.. Far better than going on the turf and having to sit next to some racist shouting thug or BT and Sinky ..

IMO VAR is a useful implement, if used in the right way and players having a say (at least 3 goes) in when its used.

The people who have the final say on a VAR incident in Europe as seen in the World Cup and here have shown themselves not to be capable of officiating with it.

I have been saying exactly the same as SERVER for many years, too much talking and not enough showing Football Match's, fellow so called professionals cheating against fellow players, and between them Sky and the FA not just ruining Football on the TV but our once great game in general.

Did not see the City game Sinkov, but watched the Chelsea v Man Utd game, Luis had the whole back of his shirt ripped just before the Chelsea corner was taken, anywhere else on the pitch and it would have been a free kick, in the penalty area they decided it was O.K. or completely blanked it, pathetic decision making which makes VAR look bad when its these thick numpties who are bad.

Brian Clough, love him or hate him hit the nail on the head many moons ago. (from about 3 mins in)

I'll bet Motty was glad to see the back of him. He did well to keep his cool but it's as well he did, Cloughy was not a man to get the wrong side of.

I hope we are still in the premier league next season so I can see how many VAR decisions are given against us..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)