+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Roll Call & Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Good to see Considine get some credit.
    I thought he was our best defender yesterday.
    Considine was good yesterday but my vote for best defender still goes to Ball, a sentence I’m not sure I ever expected to write!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Considine was good yesterday but my vote for best defender still goes to Ball, a sentence I’m not sure I ever expected to write!!
    Ball was very good yesterday. Considine was solid. Devlin was the one who looked a bit shaky at times, but he's maybe still getting back into the swing of things after being out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I thought Ball improved as the game progressed.
    Even in the highlights, Kennedy gets the better of him 4 times and he was still switching off and letting him drift away from him

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Ball was very good yesterday. Considine was solid. Devlin was the one who looked a bit shaky at times, but he's maybe still getting back into the swing of things after being out for a while.
    I agree, Devlin looked like he’s been rushed back.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the ref, particularly his first half performance. Foster’s challenge on Shinnie looked a red all day long, and the one on GMS too from where I was sitting. And it took until the 90th minute for him to give a foul for all the man handling of Cosgrove that had been been going on all game.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the ref, particularly his first half performance. Foster’s challenge on Shinnie looked a red all day long, and the one on GMS too from where I was sitting. And it took until the 90th minute for him to give a foul for all the man handling of Cosgrove that had been been going on all game.
    I did think Cosgrove was being over powered too easily.
    He needed to be much stronger and hope he learns from it.
    Quite liked the boy Kerr or them.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I thought you would like the broken clock bit of banter.
    Leave it with me and I will see if the do Sam Cosgrove fridge magnets. The DNA cash should still be aplenty so any other luxuries you fancy pal?
    Thanks for the offer pal, I see they have launched a new fridge magnet range of duo of Sam and James so I widdna mind a puckle of them if you could, and the newest artist impression of Sam on his tod is pretty neat so a few of them as well wid be afa handy, Do you think the DNA funds will stretch to 3 of each?

Name:  Sam and James.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  6.3 KB
    Name:  Sam.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  28.7 KB

Oh and by the way pal, have you seen the Traffic cones goal saving tackle and do you admit it resembles an example fo the broken clock

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I did think Cosgrove was being over powered too easily.
    The problem is, if he is more physically robust, the refs tend to take a dim view of that from guys who play for us.

Pretty fair summaries all round.

A solid if unspectacular performance. 2-0 probably flattered us a little but a win down there is always a good result.

Shinnie was immense again. Bossed the midfield and got forward for 2 superb strikes. We need that next Sunday.

Ball also excellent. Given the paucity of options he's the best we've got for RB just now so hopefully he keeps it up. Lets see how he goes on Wednesday ahead of the big one.

Nobody else particularly stood out for me though they all did a job. Agree the goal saving tackle from Considine was excellent and very important to the overall result at the end of the day.

Special mention for the ref though. Don't think I've ever seen a ref let so much go in a match before - for both teams to be fair.

I lost count of the number of times I thought, "that's a foul" only for nothing to be given. I'm all for letting the game flow, but he was in danger of losing control of that one at times, and there were a few pretty wild challenges flying about as a result when he failed to clamp down.

So onwards & upwards to Wednesday. Another team who will sit in a try to frustrate us at home. Hamilton are s'hite, but so are St Mirren. We need to find the solution this time....

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Oh and by the way pal, have you seen the Traffic cones goal saving tackle and do you admit it resembles an example fo the broken clock
    Certainly didn't resemble a traffic cone.
    He was alert to cover for Ball going to sleep and being the wrong side of Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Ball also excellent. Given the paucity of options he's the best we've got for RB just now so hopefully he keeps it up. Lets see how he goes on Wednesday ahead of the big one.
    I think Ball had an ok game, certainly decent going forward, but was prone to letting Kennedy get away from him and being caught the wrong side.
    I counted at least 4 times he let Kennedy get away from him.

He's not a natural defender and doesn't seem to see danger like Considine did with his goal saving block.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast