+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Roll Call & Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Good result.
    Thought it would be a struggle with that back 4 but happily proved wrong.

We’ll need a defender in.
    Both Hoban & now Logan out for the season.
    A full back that can fill in at centre half similar to what Considine can do on the other side.
    Trouble is it’ll be someone that doesn’t have a club & wont have played.

Wouldn’t fancy Dom Ball v Ryan Kent in the cup game against the scum.
    Agree. But Ball had a stormer today. Shinnie gets MOM for the goals but Ball not far behind. I'm off for a slice of humble pie.

Handy! Equalled a club record - 7 away wins in a row.

Kilmarnock beaten, Diets drew...

Get the beers in.

Good win. Decent displays from Shinnie and Ball. Ferguson ok. Mclennan good runs with no end product and abysmal finishing. The rest were meh at best. Cosgrove back to the player we all love.

Great result which I wasn’t expecting although we are the best away team in the league

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Great result which I wasn’t expecting although we are the best away team in the league
    Home teams have to appear to attack us, and that gives us space to get behind them. Livingston, Stenhousemuir, QoS and St Paisley all had 10 players inside their penalty box at times, and we’re ill-equipped to unpick that with the players we’ve got.

And that’s fit I think.

I dont know what surprised me most 2 goals for shinnie or a clean sheet

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Agree. But Ball had a stormer today. Shinnie gets MOM for the goals but Ball not far behind. I'm off for a slice of humble pie.
    No innuendo intended... but the expression “one swallow.... “ springs to mind though.
    Credit where it’s due today but Ball at RB long term is not a sensible option.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Home teams have to appear to attack us, and that gives us space to get behind them. Livingston, Stenhousemuir, QoS and St Paisley all had 10 players inside their penalty box at times, and we’re ill-equipped to unpick that with the players we’ve got.

And that’s fit I think.
    Possibly,or it could be the fact that we shouldn’t be playing with 1 striker at home.

We scored 13 goals in 5 home games in December with 2 strikers so why on earth would you change that?

Anyway that’s for another day,away to have a few beers to celebrate today’s win.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

And that’s fit I think.
    Exactly.
    We are at our best when there is space to exploit.
    We play into the opposition hands if we fill out the gaps and become easier to mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Handy! Equalled a club record - 7 away wins in a row.

Kilmarnock beaten, Diets drew...

Get the beers in.
    Absolutely.
    Some in here reckoned we would “struggle” for top 3 and may not even get top 6 just the other week.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast