+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Clarke reaction...

Steve Clarke reaction...

Have a lot of time for Steve Clarke ,he's worked with the biggest names in the game so when he calls out the brain dead at Ibrox last night for sectarian chants I really hope the authorities have the balls to act....which of course they won't.
    The guy was visibly shaken and I get that his team had just been hosed and was rightly pissed off at the softest sending off I've seen for a while but all things considered he looked like a man who would walk away on principle.

Scottish government/Police Scotland/SFA need to collectively punish these clubs and I mean all clubs ,even though it seems a birthright for the OF but I have heard it at other games.

If the OF have aspirations to play in the EPL or otherwise this is the single reason they never will ,you don't take a billion pound product and tarnish it with their bigotry it's never going to happen.

Isn't Gerrard a 'fenian' as well, maybe he should say something. Or Sevco could easily identify the culprits from CCTV, if it was switched on last night

Not a hope in he'll anything will change.

Clarke is one of those guys though that used to bum up the old firm from a safe distance away, now he sees it 1st hand he dosenae like it. Hartson, Charlie Nic, Roberts, butcher, king Kenny, Alan brazil.....loads of them, these ****s will never tell the truth.

I long for the day rod Stewart's sitting on the one show and gets asked " great career Rod but why do you associate yourself with sectarian bile"

Radio Scotland, BBC Scotland, sky and BT will never ever criticise it either....they all make a comfortable living out of it.

Celtic are rangers are ****e club's mired in sectarianism from birth but they are fawned over by the establishment. I always hope both are humiliated in Europe and have little time for the kiddy on irish Catholics and the **** the pope brigade who follow this ****e.

BUT Clarke's comments are 25 year too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Have a lot of time for Steve Clarke ,he's worked with the biggest names in the game so when he calls out the brain dead at Ibrox last night for sectarian chants I really hope the authorities have the balls to act....which of course they won't.
    The guy was visibly shaken and I get that his team had just been hosed and was rightly pissed off at the softest sending off I've seen for a while but all things considered he looked like a man who would walk away on principle.

Scottish government/Police Scotland/SFA need to collectively punish these clubs and I mean all clubs ,even though it seems a birthright for the OF but I have heard it at other games.

If the OF have aspirations to play in the EPL or otherwise this is the single reason they never will ,you don't take a billion pound product and tarnish it with their bigotry it's never going to happen.
    Does anybody really care...or is it just that everybody nowadays likes to play the I'm offended card...

not just the bigot sisters as you say sky/bbc etc could and should say alot more but dont but are very quick to appologise for a swear word being picked up by the mics the same mics that they turn down when the party (lol)songs are in full flow

and dina get me started on the chairmen the length and breadth of Scotland who count the cash and take the 5th when the weegie hoardes are in town

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Does anybody really care...or is it just that everybody nowadays likes to play the I'm offended card...
    Clearly Steve Clarke was bothered and I wouldn't think he would be the easily offended type ,their bigot chants are just an extension of their total contempt for all the other "wee" teams they play.
    Sad fact is that with kids being indoctrinated it would take 3 generations minimum to eradicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Clearly Steve Clarke was bothered and I wouldn't think he would be the easily offended type ,their bigot chants are just an extension of their total contempt for all the other "wee" teams they play.
    Sad fact is that with kids being indoctrinated it would take 3 generations minimum to eradicate.
    I've went to football for years which I imagine everyone on here has too... can't remember ever been offended by singing from opposing fans...just thought it was a deflection from the hiding they got...he said on Sunday Kris Boyd was big enough to take abuse...but the coin throwing was out of order

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I've went to football for years which I imagine everyone on here has too... can't remember ever been offended by singing from opposing fans...just thought it was a deflection from the hiding they got...he said on Sunday Kris Boyd was big enough to take abuse...but the coin throwing was out of order
    I'm still affected by annies song years after first seeing/hearing it.

Its like a post traumatic stress disorder.

Aw phuckin diddums Stevie.

Has he just noticed this goes on with the Old Firm?

Save it for someone who gives a phuck.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)