+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: The climate change scam

You could just ask 100 random scientists and see what they say too. I guarantee the vast majority will agree with the climate change 'agenda'.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You could just ask 100 random scientists and see what they say too. I guarantee the vast majority will agree with the climate change 'agenda'.
    It depends whether their funding relies on it.

There's no 'debate' to be had about this, it's a scientifically recognised phenomena.
    Only arch-capitalists who can't accept that we have to rein them in and the trained monkeys who buy all their lies spout climate-change denial crap these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ok, if it is 100% real.
    Here's the top 10 of the world.

https://ceasepollution.com/top-10-bi...-in-the-world/

Now what you going to do to stop them causing global warming?
    Does anyone really believe that China/USA/India/Russia are going to cut back?

Perhaps us sticking another 10p on a carrier bag and raising car tax again will stop it?

I'm open to suggestions.

Sadly i have a lot of experience in dealing with people like this. I work in IT and it's supposed to be the information age. The truth actually is out there and it's not hard to find so it's especially irritating when people are so wilfully ignorant.

So i say to you the following MagpieTony.

Climate change denial is a cult like belief that is very much the product of what I can only describe as illiterate esotericism. “We know the truth and you don’t,” is the mantra, and that’s the problem. It starts with the belief that you are right. About what? It almost doesn’t matter. Science is the search for truth by analysis of credible evidence; this modern esotericism is the search for any evidence to support a predetermined “Truth”.

That’s a common sign of cult like behaviour --- starting with the premise that you are right and then searching for any supporting voice regardless of who they are. And anyone will do. A prime example would be the alternative medicine loonies embracing a monster like Wakefield, even celebrating him as a hero, a champion of truth. A man who performed unnecessary surgical procedures on children.

Standards of evidence are ***** to any form of rational thought, and so the quality of a scientists qualifications and the standard of their peer reviewed work is of paramount importance in determining their value as a source. Often, conspiracy loons frame the whole debate as a battle between good and evil. Under those conditions a credible source is one who fights for the good. And again I point you to Wakefield. Good and evil grossly oversimplifies the issues at hand and helps to limit critical thought and doubt. This is a technique used often by cults and others who seek to control minds.

The myriad of complex interlinked changes in our environment were not gathered under the umbrella terms “Global Warming/Climate Change” until the effect of these changes began to be understood. At one time Scientists researching the possibility of climate change referred to it as “inadvertent climate modification”. All of this work was undertaken by many scientists and students working in a broad spectrum of fields all over the world with different views, different backgrounds, and different funding. The idea that they were all involved in some vast conspiracy is ludicrous.

You don’t think what you think because you’re smart; you think what you think because you’re easily led and you’re paranoid. Maybe you experimented with other conspiracies and now you’re ready to break out the big guns; maybe you have a chronic weed problem. Either way I think it’s important you understand that the conspiracy theory is now known to be a gateway to radicalisation. It erodes your faith in institutions; it impairs your ability to think critically; it impairs your ability to engage socially; it isolates you from your friends and family; and it breaks down your morality. All those things over time condition you to accept the “Truth” of utterly objectionable conspiracies about truly tragic situations and events such as Sandy Hook; 9/11; and the most unsettling one of all: The Holocaust.

And just while we’re talking about the Holocaust, it’s not just the denial conspiracy I’m talking about, it’s the sea of conspiracy about the Jews that that the Nazis used as a justification for the Holocaust.

Anyway enjoy it while it lasts. The toxic weirdos who push these ideas are increasingly being held to account, Alex Jones being one of the most prominent falls from grace. But I suspect they’ll be hard to stop because they’re driven by the same thing that drove the gold rush: there’s money in them there idiots.

Have a read here: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Gr...arming_Swindle

That’s how rational thought works.

Now wake up and smell the Paranoid Schizophrenia.

And try not to blow anything up.

Climate change denial is a cult like belief that is very much the product of what I can only describe as illiterate esotericism says Captain Balrog.

"The Balrogs originated as Maiar, beings of the same kind as Sauron himself. They were primordial spirits of fire that had allied themselves with Melkor in ancient times, and became the most feared of his servants, especially during the Wars of Beleriand in the First Age. Details of their numbers are hard to state with certainty, but there seem to have been relatively few of them - probably no more than seven"

Well thank god for that ! I thought Balrogs were just another " cult". Although it must be difficult to be esoteric when you can't read . Welcome aboard, we sometimes discuss football.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ok, if it is 100% real.
    Here's the top 10 of the world.

https://ceasepollution.com/top-10-bi...-in-the-world/

Now what you going to do to stop them causing global warming?
    Does anyone really believe that China/USA/India/Russia are going to cut back?

Perhaps us sticking another 10p on a carrier bag and raising car tax again will stop it?

I'm open to suggestions.
    Perhaps ****s like you could stop supporting right wing nutters and capitalist robbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Perhaps ****s like you could stop supporting right wing nutters and capitalist robbers ?
    I agree wholeheartedly with Tony, mainly cos, he's big enough to bash me if I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Number one
    Is China and Russia capitalist and right wing?

Number two
    I'd like to see you call me a **** to my face hard man. In fact you're so far up your own ass, you must lick your kidneys.
    An ex pat, who thinks everyone not in a yellow vest is a right wing capitalist pig, you couldn't make it up

I sit on the fence, but what I will say is, right or wrong, regardless of what "it" is, if "it" is a gateway to another tax, it'll pretty much always get support from governments and their institutions.

IMO .
    Last edited by matt5cott; 21-02-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast