+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Tottenham

I think that was Mike Dean reffing that Alto..just caught a glimpse of him after the fourth goal went in..

Yes, I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow, especially after the results tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I think that was Mike Dean reffing that Alto..just caught a glimpse of him after the fourth goal went in..
    Had another look and you are right Alf, Mad Dean was in charge of it

Aye Claret101, results went our way, we know what we have to do now to pull away a bit more, lets hope we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Had another look and you are right Alf, Mad Dean was in charge of it

Aye Claret101, results went our way, we know what we have to do now to pull away a bit more, lets hope we can do it
    Have another good feeling about this game but can't believe me and Mrs are flying to New Zealand at the time Burnley are playing. And Burnley is being screened live on TV over here for the first time this season.

Still, don't mind hearing we won on touchdown.

This is a 'weakened' Spurs team, they're dreaming of the Champions League because they know deep down the PL is beyond their reach, having to travel oop t'north this game will be a bit of a nuisance for them, they could be vulnerable, today is probably as good a chance as we'll get to turn them over.

On the other hand, they are still a very good team with one of the best managers in the game, they will still probably have more than enough to cope with us, but you never know.

Can't agree there Sinkov.

If Spurs win today and United beat Liverpool tomorrow then the top three looks like...

City 65
    Pool 65
    Spurs 63

All played 27 games. and Spurs still have to play the top two. They are certainly still in the title race.

But, as we proved against United, no team is unbeatable.

2-0 Burnley.

This is a fixture that always brings terrific memories flooding back.

We were the best two teams in the land for several seasons and I had just started watching the Clarets.

Greaves, Blanchflower, MacKay, Jones for them and Jimmy Mac, Adamson, Pointer, Robson etc etc for us.

Both teams played attacking footy and we were very well matched. Each and every game was special.

I fondly remember beating them 7-2 at the Turf but usually it was a close affair.

Kane in the starting 11, Hopefully Tarky and Mee will give him some crunching tackles

No surprises as we stay unchanged.

Burnley

1Heaton
    26Bardsley
    5Tarkowski
    6Mee
    3Taylor
    13Hendrick
    18Westwood
    4Cork
    31McNeil
    10Barnes
    11Wood

Substitutes

2Lowton
    7Berg Gudmundsson
    12Brady
    14Gibson
    15Crouch
    20Hart
    27Vydra

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)