+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Tranmere Rovers 23.02.19

I have to say that I think Notts will lose tomorrow but a draw would be a good result

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Let’s go for a back-to-basics performance where the first goal (so to speak) is a clean sheet. We can’t be as wide open as we were against Newport, but the players need to win individual battles too. We did against Mansfield; we didn’t against Newport.

I’d be tempted to draft Rose into midfield alongside Doyle (if he’s fit), push O’Brien a little further up, put Toots at right back and drop Gomis to the bench. Stead and CMS back for Hemmings and Alessandra. I’d also recall Fitz, because at some point Schofield’s rawness is going to cost us a game.

Fitz
    Tootle Stubbs Barclay Milsom
    Rose Doyle
    O’Brien
    Enzio Stead CMS
    I like the look of that line up dude... as for the game itself it's going to be a tough day at the office

Tranny 1-1 Notts
    Enzo with the goal
    550 luke warm pies

A point would be great. Agree with nw6pie, Fit Z looks a better bet than Schofield who looks very shaky to me and is absolutely rooted to his line.
    1-0 Tranny.

2-2..A well fought draw. 630 pies watching,as Stead and O'Brien get our goals.
    We are off for a wander around Nantwich first. ☺👍Coyp

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Let’s go for a back-to-basics performance where the first goal (so to speak) is a clean sheet. We can’t be as wide open as we were against Newport, but the players need to win individual battles too. We did against Mansfield; we didn’t against Newport.

I’d be tempted to draft Rose into midfield alongside Doyle (if he’s fit), push O’Brien a little further up, put Toots at right back and drop Gomis to the bench. Stead and CMS back for Hemmings and Alessandra. I’d also recall Fitz, because at some point Schofield’s rawness is going to cost us a game.

Fitz
    Tootle Stubbs Barclay Milsom
    Rose Doyle
    O’Brien
    Enzio Stead CMS
    Can’t believe I’m agreeing that Fitzsimons should be brought back in, but yeah, I think I’d go along with that. Schofield looked shot by the end on Tuesday, and unless he had a really good game against FGR, he’s not done much to impress. Would be a bit of a shame to lose Rose from his full back position, but that looks a really solid midfield. Will be interesting to see if he does actually shake the defence up that much. I don’t think he will.

Gomis and Hemmings were a bit of a disaster on Tuesday so bringing back CMS and Stead is an easy decision.

Not optimistic tbh. 2-0 Tranny.

The Navy and the Notts massive sailed into Liverpool around an hour and a bit ago. Enjoying a well deserved pint. I haven't come all this bloody way to see us lose but my lad as just told Scott Oldham, one of the worst refs I ever seen will be in charge so I think the best we can hope for is a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Can’t believe I’m agreeing that Fitzsimons should be brought back in, but yeah, I think I’d go along with that. Schofield looked shot by the end on Tuesday, and unless he had a really good game against FGR, he’s not done much to impress. Would be a bit of a shame to lose Rose from his full back position, but that looks a really solid midfield. Will be interesting to see if he does actually shake the defence up that much. I don’t think he will.

Gomis and Hemmings were a bit of a disaster on Tuesday so bringing back CMS and Stead is an easy decision.

Not optimistic tbh. 2-0 Tranny.
    Yeah, Fitz seems the better option. Neither keeper is able to command his area, but at least Fitz is a decent shot stopper on his day, and to be fair to him, he seems to be a pretty confident chap.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, Fitz seems the better option. Neither keeper is able to command his area, but at least Fitz is a decent shot stopper on his day, and to be fair to him, he seems to be a pretty confident chap.
    And Fitz can kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    And Fitz can kick.
    We seem to have the only team whose keepers are flummoxed when a forward stands near them when they’re kicking out of their hands. First Fitz, and now Schofield - who has had a few kicks that reminded me of schoolboy football (the ball barely making it 30 yards up the pitch and straight into touch).

Plenty of goals today methinks with Notts being on the wrong end of a 3-2 result. The alternative, of course, is 0-0 which I would consider a good result.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast