+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car share

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Sota. I used to spend time in Wanchai 5 / 10 years ago but avoid it now.
    Worked on Pedder Street in Central from 1987 to 1993. Lived on Deepwater Bay Drive for a few years and then on Ching Sau Lane in Shouson Hill. Some good times. Spent very little time in the Wanchai Bars - too close to home! Liked to walk around the shopping areas there though around Spring Garden Lane which has changed completely in the last 20 years. Favourite watering hole on the island was the Foreign Correspondents Club on Ice House Street in Mid-Levels which I joined because of who I worked for. Older kids went to Bradbury and two more were born in the hospital up on The Peak. Spent most Sunday mornings at Stanley Fort when it was still a British Garrison watching my lad play rugby. Shopped at the NAAFI. That's all changed now, I know. My company had a house on the beach at Stanley Bay and we entered a team in the Dragon Boat Races there each year. I rowed for six seasons. Always a great day. Seems a world away now. Had a membership at the Aberdeen Marina Club but swapped it for the Aberdeen Boat Club which was more friendly. Had some great days out on various junks eating at the restaurants on Lantau. Used to anchor off that pub - was it the Frog and Toad - and swim to shore for a drink.

Sorry, I'm just indulging myself here, I know. It's totally irrelevant to the post but it's late where I am and I've had a few drinks...nostalgia's set in.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Worked on Pedder Street in Central from 1987 to 1993. Lived on Deepwater Bay Drive for a few years and then on Ching Sau Lane in Shouson Hill. Some good times. Spent very little time in the Wanchai Bars - too close to home! Liked to walk around the shopping areas there though around Spring Garden Lane which has changed completely in the last 20 years. Favourite watering hole on the island was the Foreign Correspondents Club on Ice House Street in Mid-Levels which I joined because of who I worked for. Older kids went to Bradbury and two more were born in the hospital up on The Peak. Spent most Sunday mornings at Stanley Fort when it was still a British Garrison watching my lad play rugby. Shopped at the NAAFI. That's all changed now, I know. My company had a house on the beach at Stanley Bay and we entered a team in the Dragon Boat Races there each year. I rowed for six seasons. Always a great day. Seems a world away now. Had a membership at the Aberdeen Marina Club but swapped it for the Aberdeen Boat Club which was more friendly. Had some great days out on various junks eating at the restaurants on Lantau. Used to anchor off that pub - was it the Frog and Toad - and swim to shore for a drink.

Sorry, I'm just indulging myself here, I know. It's totally irrelevant to the post but it's late where I am and I've had a few drinks...nostalgia's set in.
    Happy memories and great read CT. Is this an extract from your book? I was based in South China and come in to HK at weekends. Spend much less time in Asia the last 2 years. Its just trips over here now - love it but better to be back home in the UK.

HK is hugely expensive now. Im on Old Peak Road at the moment. Usually stay in Kowloon or one of the resort hotels on the coast. You were on the other side of the Island. Was in Aberdeen a few months back. They have a decent Rugby Club. Not been to Stanley. I go into the Football Club or the 2 cricket clubs. Was shopping in Pedder Street Friday. The Junk Boat to Lantua is a fantastic experience The airport is on Lantau now. There is a world Dragon Boat carnival in June in the habour and 7s is a massive event.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123