+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T Rotherham Council

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I don't think the majority of Labour voters in Rotherham prioritise political correctness over child protection even though they vote for people who do.

But more thought and empathy would of course be welcome.
    odd thing is that the Labour Party they are voting for hasn’t existed for decades

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    thanks for the reply.

so do you think it's acceptable that a councill that let young girls get drugged and gang raped should get 're elected.

your personal opion as a tax payer is that party doing what you expect them to do.

great fire you are spot on it is tradition for some reason (guessing Margaret Thatcher even though labour shut more pits and scargall (labour) led them on a illegal strike (guess the theme) is more popular
    Let's be clear here Mr Booth , what happened in Rotherham isn't acceptable and those vulnerable girls were let down very badly , I don't think that's acceptable at all .

Would another political party have had more robust procedures ? , neither you or me can answer that .

I fully expect the Labour controlled council to have stepped up to the mark going forward on matters such as this so that this never ever happens again .

As human beings we tend to learn our lessons from our mistakes in life , I have and I'm sure you have too and I've not doubt Rotherham council have too .

That said you've failed to put up an alternative party to lead the council other than anybody other than Labour .

It's difficult to debate this issue if you are unwilling to stand behind an alternative option and give credible reasons why you think they are better placed to improve Rotherham as a council .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Let's be clear here Mr Booth , what happened in Rotherham isn't acceptable and those vulnerable girls were let down very badly , I don't think that's acceptable at all .

Would another political party have had more robust procedures ? , neither you or me can answer that .

I fully expect the Labour controlled council to have stepped up to the mark going forward on matters such as this so that this never ever happens again .

As human beings we tend to learn our lessons from our mistakes in life , I have and I'm sure you have too and I've not doubt Rotherham council have too .

That said you've failed to put up an alternative party to lead the council other than anybody other than Labour .

It's difficult to debate this issue if you are unwilling to stand behind an alternative option and give credible reasons why you think they are better placed to improve Rotherham as a council .
    Were there no Tory, Ukip, Lib Dems or Independents on the Council at that time of the CSE cases ?
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 23-02-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Were there no Tory, Ukip, Lib Dems or Independents on the Council at that time of the CSE cases ?
    Because of FPTP.

The whole matter was so secret that even our local MPs knew nothing about it.

I'm assuming that there is now although I've not checked how Rotherham council is made up today .

If that is the case then clearly the electorate have voted differently since the scandal came to light , maybe not in the numbers many would like but change has occurred none the less .

Such is the quality on offer, this guy was both the first Asian councillor of Rotherham and the town's youngest magistrate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi...d,_Baron_Ahmed

Such are the dangers of voting for people based on ethnic background, ***uality or on the party they represent.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345