+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t now that all the w@nkers are leaving.....

You see for me this should have all been spelt out in the referendum which Cameron failed to do. Someone should have said that brexit might not have meant brexit if we couldn't get a deal. Somebody should have said a brexit deal might not be to everyones liking. Somebody should have said if we come out the country could be in the shyte because nobody will really plan for it. Instead it was a sweeping in or out. It was a sort of utopic view that everything would be simple whichever way we voted.

I would ask if people would have voted as they did if they knew the shambles we would be in now. Apart from a few hard liners I would think very few.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-02-2019 at 04:21 PM.

They have had plenty of time to sort it out but 500 MPs in the H of C don't want to leave.

400 constituencies voted to leave.

There's a big democratic disconnection.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You see for me this should have all been spelt out in the referendum which Cameron failed to do. Someone should have said that brexit might not have meant brexit if we couldn't get a deal. Somebody should have said a brexit deal might not be to everyones liking. Somebody should have said if we come out the country could be in the shyte because nobody will really plan for it. Instead it was a sweeping in or out. It was a sort of utopic view that everything would be simple whichever way we voted.

I would ask if people would have voted as they did if they knew the shambles we would be in now. Apart from a few hard liners I would think very few.
    The people who were campaigning for remain were campaigning based on a no deal being the outcome. People had the chance to listen to that viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I might re-join the Labour party.
    Ive yet to find a political party that doesn't contain a modicum of w@nkers so if they have all left it certainly needs like for like to replace them .

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They have had plenty of time to sort it out but 500 MPs in the H of C don't want to leave.

400 constituencies voted to leave.

There's a big democratic disconnection.

My local MP is one of those with a shadow cabinet job so is a big supporter of Corbyn. His constituency had a big leave vote.

Self before voters seems to be the message with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    The people who were campaigning for remain were campaigning based on a no deal being the outcome. People had the chance to listen to that viewpoint.
    No they weren't! That's just wrong! Just as it is to say that Leave campaigners were only talking about a No Deal. It was a huge mix match of different arguments based on any number of likely outcomes. Certainly the Leave campaigners were predominantly reassuring that a Deal would be easily achievable. Whether they were talking about the withdrawal or future trade deal, people still interpreted it as 'the deal' and were persuaded out would be easy.

How little we knew then.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    No they weren't! That's just wrong! Just as it is to say that Leave campaigners were only talking about a No Deal. It was a huge mix match of different arguments based on any number of likely outcomes. Certainly the Leave campaigners were predominantly reassuring that a Deal would be easily achievable. Whether they were talking about the withdrawal or future trade deal, people still interpreted it as 'the deal' and were persuaded out would be easy.

How little we knew then.
    No one I spoke to thought out would be easy so what you are saying is wrong.

Ok, leave campaigners were predominantly reassuring that a deal would be easy just like the remain campaigners were predominantly saying there wouldn't be a deal (Pretty much what I said).

Ok, leave campaigners were predominantly reassuring that a deal would be easy just like the remain campaigners were predominantly saying there wouldn't be a deal (Pretty much what I said).
    The EU only offering crumbs to Cameron was a big clue to hard it was going to be to get a decent deal out of the EU.

But I didn't think we were quitters in this country.

The people who want to quit and stay in are pretty pathetic IMO, can you imagine drunken Juncker's smug face?

It would be a national humiliation.

I don't remember any Remain campaigners convinced there would be no deal, although it's fair to say that many doubted that we would get a good deal. The logic being always "why would the EU give us a good deal whilst hoping to stop others wanting to leave on similar terms? '

I would certainly though say that no remainder should be saying (as I hear many do) that leave voters didn't know that there would financial consequences to leaving. The remain campaign did make that very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I don't remember any Remain campaigners convinced there would be no deal, although it's fair to say that many doubted that we would get a good deal. The logic being always "why would the EU give us a good deal whilst hoping to stop others wanting to leave on similar terms? '

I would certainly though say that no remainder should be saying (as I hear many do) that leave voters didn't know that there would financial consequences to leaving. The remain campaign did make that very clear.

Had we been united then the EU would have been forced to give us a good deal. The remainers though weakened this position passing the advantage to the EU on the negotiations.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast