+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Kerr re Brexit and ehic

FAO Kerr re Brexit and ehic

Thought I'd pick your brains if you don't mind. I am going on holiday to Spain before the Brexit deadline but returning after it.i understood that if we dip out without a deal on the 29th march the ehic card will be invalid. But then again I read that only applied to those travelling on the 29th or after so I thought that although I may be away after the 29th it wouldn't matter because I will have travelled to Spain earlier than that before the deadline so my ehic would still be valid. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

I recognise that if a deal is done the ehic will still be valid by the way. I am just querying what happens if we dip out with no deal. I know may has said that she will extend the deadline if no deal on the deadline 29th but as you pointed out earlier that would ultimately be up to the EU to decide so if they don't agreevwe could still bomb out with no deal.

If we leave without a deal, your EHIC will become invalid at midnight on 29th March (23:00 BST).

I wouldn't recommend relying only upon EHIC in any event. A travel nsurance policy covers you for far more, notably repatriation costs. If you are a frequent traveller, an annual policy will make sense. Shop around and buy via a cash back site like Quidco too.

More details on the BBC News website re EHIC and various possible EU scenarios

I do use quid co Kerr. Thanks for the advice anyway.