+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bournemouth v Wolves Matchday Thread

FT 1-1 ...but the final score could have been anything. It was a game of errors by both teams and the referee who had a nightmare.
    Apart from that it was very entertaining and in the final analysis a draw was probably a fair result.

We had been in a struggle for large parts of the second half before Traore came on. He certainly caused them problems down the right wing, where he looks most effective. He deserves a start in this position against Huddersfield, they will not be able to handle his pace.

I thought we started the game well, but the award of the first Bournemouth penalty seemed to knock the stuffing out of us. The ref seemed to want to be the star of the show and stop the game at every opportunity. He could've awarded four penalties, including the first one for the home side. I'm just glad Wolves came away with a point in the end.

I agree with you Gav. You would not normally think of Bournemouth being a hard or dirty side, but they certainly put it about yesterday. I have only watched the second half courtesy of Grevesey and his link, plus the highlights on MOTD. The elbow on Moutinho was nothing less than a straight red, while the tackles on Doherty for the penalty and the one on Neves near the end were disgraceful. Then for the home player to stand over Neves and accuse him of diving, beggars belief.

Bournemouth as a team, and club went down in my estimation yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    I thought we started the game well, but the award of the first Bournemouth penalty seemed to knock the stuffing out of us. The ref seemed to want to be the star of the show and stop the game at every opportunity. He could've awarded four penalties, including the first one for the home side. I'm just glad Wolves came away with a point in the end.
    Nine yellow cards and three penalties confirms what you have said about the referee yesterday.

Just read that Moutinho had to have stiches in his mouth after the elbow incident. Also a press report asks the question ,"Why wasn't Smith sent of for his penalty foul on Doherty, he had been yellow carded for his challenge on the same player in the first few minutes".

Surely Roger East MUST be THE worst referee in the Premiership? Presumably the 4th official compiles a report on the referees performance?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)