+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I'm not sure that expressing mild disappointment is the same thing as "slagging the players". Don't let reality hinder your ranting though eh? I wasn't aware that you had some kind of divine insight that means only your opinion mattered.
    Where exactly in my post did it say my opinion is the only one that matters?, I will say it again Douglas is class that is the reality.

Think you need to read some of the posts again if you think some are not slagging players off. Mid disappointment lol.

I really don't see the point criticizing players if a few do read the forums then it really doesn't help our cause. I'd rather get behind them all good bad or average. Just my humble opinion of course....

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    I really don't see the point criticizing players if a few do read the forums then it really doesn't help our cause. I'd rather get behind them all good bad or average. Just my humble opinion of course....
    Kindly refrain from making sensible posts as we're not used to it on here anymore

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Kindly refrain from making sensible posts as we're not used to it on here anymore

😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    ����
    Clearly an impostor from the Baggies or Norwich Board.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Where exactly in my post did it say my opinion is the only one that matters?, I will say it again Douglas is class that is the reality.
    Well Wolves clearly weren't so sure !!!

I agree that he is a useful member of the squad but I think Alioski has done just as well (if not better) at left back and arguably Berardi is equally as effective. The one thing that Douglas was great at for Wolves was set pieces and (I believe) he had the highest assist count for the season. That simply hasn't been replicated for us.

Would be a bit dull if we all thought the same eh?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Steadting influence"? You need to play, and be appearing consistently (like Alioski who gets right totally berated time after time and STILL performs every match (offside or not)) AND contribute! Neither Douglas or that other refugee from the promised land, Harrison, do ànything of the sort and should be despatched forthwith back to wherever they came from, save us wages and unrealistic expectations.
    He's 10th in minutes on the field this season and 6th based on his average match rating, hardly a failure for a guy whose had injury to contend with and a different style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    He's 10th in minutes on the field this season and 6th based on his average match rating, hardly a failure for a guy whose had injury to contend with and a different style of play.
    Hey Stomp, why let facts get in the way of personal dislike eh?

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    And he's in the same category as Harrison, having played and done next to bugger all for most of the time he's been on the pitch (I did say, play AND contribute). No point just being on the pitch without delivering, we've had enough of those kind of players over many years. If his "style of play" is based around a set-piece strategy that Leeds don't employ, there's a question to be asked as to what he is ever likely to contribute, and how long are we expected to wait until he "acclimatises"? (Just as we seem to be waiting until hell freezes over before Brown is seen as fit to make a 1st team appearance).

As for Tichs comment, I don't dislike Douglas as a person, nor Harrison, nor Brown, I just don't think any of them are worth carrying (injured or not), when we have plenty of pressures on the squad without that additional, unnecessary burden, and I suspect I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And he's in the same category as Harrison, having played and done next to bugger all for most of the time he's been on the pitch (I did say, play AND contribute). No point just being on the pitch without delivering, we've had enough of those kind of players over many years. If his "style of play" is based around a set-piece strategy that Leeds don't employ, there's a question to be asked as to what he is ever likely to contribute, and how long are we expected to wait until he "acclimatises"? (Just as we seem to be waiting until hell freezes over before Brown is seen as fit to make a 1st team appearance).

As for Tichs comment, I don't dislike Douglas as a person, nor Harrison, nor Brown, I just don't think any of them are worth carrying (injured or not), when we have plenty of pressures on the squad without that additional, unnecessary burden, and I suspect I'm not alone.
    Next to bugger all? Derby away, Norwich away, Stoke first match of season, thats just a few I remember.. a few below games doesn't make him a bad player, thats par for the course in the championship...how long before you gonna start knocking Ayling.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)