+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Barry Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Do keep up dear ... we played a game last night. he came on as a sub second half and when he did he looked very assured and composed, ran with purpose, used the ball well and defended well.
    I'm well aware that we were in a match last night ("played" is a very loose interpretation of what we did), and that Douglas came on as a substitute, playing in the half where we conceded a goal, and where the prospect of scoring one of our own vanished into a dot on the horizon.

"Assured, composed, ran with purpose" and to what effect (apart from ballooning free kicks when he wasn't "running with purpose")? Bit like Sacko being so quick, but never knew what to do with the ball when he discovered he had exited the stadium.

You seem a little like the Labour Party - you can’t recognise you have a problem and there is no point in arguing with people in denial. For a little bit of political balance your tone comes across a little like Jacob Rees Mogg.

if you don’t want to understand an honest opinion but snipe because it upsets your self orientated view an all matters then good luck fella but don’t expect me to be unduly worried that we disagree (in fact that may actually be reassuring).

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    You seem a little like the Labour Party - you can’t recognise you have a problem and there is no point in arguing with people in denial. For a little bit of political balance your tone comes across a little like Jacob Rees Mogg.

if you don’t want to understand an honest opinion but snipe because it upsets your self orientated view an all matters then good luck fella but don’t expect me to be unduly worried that we disagree (in fact that may actually be reassuring).
    Pray tell, what "problem" do you think I have? Should I be celebrating what was, by some margin, one of our worst performances of the season? This isn't a political debating society, its football supporters forum, and surely disagreement is to be expected (welcomed?). I'm no more upset by you having one opinion and me another than I am by anyone else who disagrees with me, why should I? On another tack, we've all been treading on eggshells about Bielsa and his status as some kind of Leeds Messiah, but after last nights performance (and a couple prior to that) I think there are some, myself included, who would be happy to express a difference of opinion with him too, does that mean I have a "problem"?

If I didn't care about Leeds, I'd just watch what gets posted and just let it slide, but I do, and won't, end of. If you don't wish to "correspond" so be it, same for everyone else, you're all entitled to post or not as you see fit, as am I.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Pray tell, what "problem" do you think I have? Should I be celebrating what was, by some margin, one of our worst performances of the season? This isn't a political debating society, its football supporters forum, and surely disagreement is to be expected (welcomed?). I'm no more upset by you having one opinion and me another than I am by anyone else who disagrees with me, why should I? On another tack, we've all been treading on eggshells about Bielsa and his status as some kind of Leeds Messiah, but after last nights performance (and a couple prior to that) I think there are some, myself included, who would be happy to express a difference of opinion with him too, does that mean I have a "problem"?

If I didn't care about Leeds, I'd just watch what gets posted and just let it slide, but I do, and won't, end of. If you don't wish to "correspond" so be it, same for everyone else, you're all entitled to post or not as you see fit, as am I.

The fact remains you could start an argument in an empty room - soon be here all by yourself fella

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    The fact remains you could start an argument in an empty room - soon be here all by yourself fella
    So we ALL shut the f00k up, and watch the tumbleweeds blow by, like some other forums?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So we ALL shut the f00k up, and watch the tumbleweeds blow by, like some other forums?
    Short memory - thought you where ignoring me?

Douglas looked good when he came on, nice passing and looked like he was going to link up well.

One bad shot is basically why loads of people are up in arms, if he hadn't had that shot nobody would even be mentioning him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Short memory - thought you where ignoring me?
    Ignoring those I want to ignore, replying to those I want to reply to, simples.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Douglas looked good when he came on, nice passing and looked like he was going to link up well.

One bad shot is basically why loads of people are up in arms, if he hadn't had that shot nobody would even be mentioning him.
    THAT was a SHOT??????

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Spot on - at least he got into position but no worse than some of the other dire attempts.

The one piece of pure Pablo quality was in the first half where no one got on the end of his cross. Roofe I am sure would have buried it but Bamford and Roberts were no where near getting on the end of it. If we had gone in 1-0 up then who knows ....

PS anyone else slightly concerned with MBs comments about the game - the photo of him on his stool st the end of the game in the tunnel tells a different story to what he said

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)