+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Barry Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Fair enough. We disagreed somewhat to the value of Douglas recently...but we both left it at that to agree to disagree. Respectfully like it should be. But sometimes you appear to antaganise others on here by how strongly you word your disagreement. Basically suggesting others opinion are laughable and cannot possibly be right. A little more tact would be handy...even if you do think they are way off the mark.
    Hmm, tact......., not sure thats a strong suit for some on here, (me included!)

i think for 3million, douglas aint a bad buy at all, and based on last season you can understand why the club wanted him, we hadnt had a decent leftback since charlie taylor, so he was needed, i didnt think debock was all that bad in fairness but hey what do i know. and anyway, now weve discovered that alioski aint half bad at leftback, weve alioski and douglas at lb and berardi and ayling at rb, all 4 are top 6 quality, and if you look at many of our players now, the majority are top 6 quality, hense why weve been at least 4th or higher all season, plus the fact we have a world class head coach and coaching staff now, you put all of that together, with an owner and board who seem to have gotten things done a lot better this season, and our supremely excellent fan base, plus a frigging awesome youth academy, GOD I'M GOING MENTAL HERE ITS BLOODY AWESOME!

btw, we will be promoted this season! MOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    i think for 3million, douglas aint a bad buy at all, and based on last season you can understand why the club wanted him, we hadnt had a decent leftback since charlie taylor, so he was needed, i didnt think debock was all that bad in fairness but hey what do i know. and anyway, now weve discovered that alioski aint half bad at leftback, weve alioski and douglas at lb and berardi and ayling at rb, all 4 are top 6 quality, and if you look at many of our players now, the majority are top 6 quality, hense why weve been at least 4th or higher all season, plus the fact we have a world class head coach and coaching staff now, you put all of that together, with an owner and board who seem to have gotten things done a lot better this season, and our supremely excellent fan base, plus a frigging awesome youth academy, GOD I'M GOING MENTAL HERE ITS BLOODY AWESOME!

btw, we will be promoted this season! MOT!!!

Neg head !

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Depends on which statistics you want to use, the FIFA 19 table has him at No.2. Lies, damned lies, and statistics, it's all how you slice and dice. Of late (well, not quite so much "of late"), he and others (Forshaw for too much of the time, Harrison since he stepped out in a Leeds 1st team shirt!) have not made the contribution they did early doors (or at all), and as such they should be rested, replaced and/or shipped out, (including Brown), and focus put back where it belongs, on the squad that makes up the 1st team and subs week in, week out.

I ask again (yes, I make no apology for going back to the subject of the keeper), what makes these outfield players so special that they get game time (well most, Brown seems to be a permanent fixture in the U23s) when they are clearly either mismatched, or not suitable for the role they have been given, when it was eminently possible to replace a 1st choice goalkeeper with a more "suitable" alternative without there being any massive drop in GK performance?
    I doubt Bielsa or anybody at Leeds uses a different criteria for goalkeepers v outfield. I would think it was simply a better option was available in that position at that time albeit not necesserily our weakest link at the time, you can't always improve the squad with the weakest link first. I think BPF has still to improve his allround game to fulfill his potential and is bound to learn from Casilla.
    Outfield players, unlike keepers may be asked to play out of position or play in a different role (more attacking/defensive/wide/central) than they are used to playing, sometimes this works or takes time to evolve. Players like Douglas rarely stand out as they do alot of unsung work during a match, a fact that obviously has not been lost on those who are skilled in rating players over a season.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Neg head !
    LMFAO!!!!! best compliment I've had all day!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    LMFAO!!!!! best compliment I've had all day!
    or ever?

Brought composure and more quality when he came on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Brought composure and more quality when he came on tonight.
    ?????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????
    Do keep up dear ... we played a game last night. he came on as a sub second half and when he did he looked very assured and composed, ran with purpose, used the ball well and defended well.

Douglas certainly has his qualities, but he is not the quickest, nor the strongest defensively, which I think is why in fact him and Alioski together on the left (notwithstanding the shortcomings we're all aware of) worked pretty well for us earlier in the season. And I think against West Brom that's probably the line up I'd like to see on the left.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)