+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pompey v Barnsley Match Thread

Well just got back from Fratton Park, good point but too many players didn’t turn up today think the occasion got to them.
    Fantastic support from the Reds fans again didn’t stop singing the whole game.
    The penalty was a poor challenge and Davies was immense today a put in a proper Captains performance, saved the pen, commanded his area and his distribution was spot on.
    Good chances for us were few but the best one fell for Pinillos who should have scored, anyone else and it was 0-1. Brown and McGeehan managed to miss a great chance near the end when we hit the bar but that was about it!
    Shots from Woodrow, McGeehan and Mowatt were either at the keeper or scuffed wide.
    Adeboyejo shot at the death miserably when players were either side of him waiting to be played in....poor decision.
    Bahre and Lindsay were awful today, Brown and Thiam not much better either.
    Portsmouth didn’t really threaten apart from the penalty! They didn’t look much again!
    Roll on Kieffer being back because Woodrow misses him and we don’t look the same side without him.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Well just got back from Fratton Park, good point but too many players didn’t turn up today think the occasion got to them.
    Fantastic support from the Reds fans again didn’t stop singing the whole game.
    The penalty was a poor challenge and Davies was immense today a put in a proper Captains performance, saved the pen, commanded his area and his distribution was spot on.
    Good chances for us were few but the best one fell for Pinillos who should have scored, anyone else and it was 0-1. Brown and McGeehan managed to miss a great chance near the end when we hit the bar but that was about it!
    Shots from Woodrow, McGeehan and Mowatt were either at the keeper or scuffed wide.
    Adeboyejo shot at the death miserably when players were either side of him waiting to be played in....poor decision.
    Bahre and Lindsay were awful today, Brown and Thiam not much better either.
    Portsmouth didn’t really threaten apart from the penalty! They didn’t look much again!
    Roll on Kieffer being back because Woodrow misses him and we don’t look the same side without him.
    Thanks for that Perky , I suppose it shows where we are that we weren't at our best but still came away from a promotion rival with a point .

Portsmouth at Fratton Park is never an easy fixture no matter how well they are performing .

Pleased enough with the point and we move on to Southend next saturday where I will be expecting 3 points .

I’ve just got back as well. Point is all we deserved really, we finished the game strongly but we didn’t get going today. Davies played a blinder and kept us in the game a few times, we also had one hitting the woodwork so honours even was the right result for me. Great atmosphere in a packed ground and the Barnsley fans never stopped singing and backing the team. Long day but enjoyed the game even though it was a bit scrappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Happy with a point.
    I'm happy with our run in, so long as we don't lose to Sunderland I think we'll be ok.
    2 games without Moore, no goals.
    Perhaps we miss him more than some people think.
    Playing 1 up front works providing you've got goal scorers in midfield.
    Potts would have been handy.
    Happy to take back anything derogatory I’ve said about our Kiefer in the past. Come back quickly (but safely) lad. In the meantime, what are we going to do about scoring some goals?

Agree with all those points perkytyke. Lindsay is far too laid back at times and needs a rocket up his backside! I also think that in that formation away from home Bahre is the weak link. He continually gave the ball away and we looked far better when Victor came on as he was a lot more physical and we got up the pitch quicker. You can see where we miss Kieffer in these kind of games. I'm also not sure what the lad Green has to do to get on the pitch at the minute. Brown has been average at best for the past 3 or 4 games and Hedges/Thiam turn up as and when.

It was important we didn't lose Saturday so if you'd offered me a guaranteed point before the match I'd take it. But it's a little frustrating we didn't really turn up and take all 3 points!

I like the comments about selling to a promotion rival, what boils my piss is not really Moncur or Potts leaving? it was Isgrove to Pompey?
    If you remember Jackett was adamant he wasn’t letting us have Chaplin then in January we give him a player! You couldn’t make it up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123