+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minority middle class sport radio priority

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    No FM coverage of Radio Scotland's bread and butter sport again today, as preference is given to a five matches a year public school minority sport, to fitba's disadvantage.

Relegated to the hissy white noise static of AM to cater for the masonic bourgeoisie on the main frequency.

Get the picnic basket out of the shooting brake, Farquhar, there's a good chap.
    Agreed mate. Fcking hate rugby with an absolute venom. Fck the 6 nations and fck the Scotland team. I'd rather run naked into the North Sea than watch that "sport". Also my local has 7 tv's. All 7 showing the 6 nations!! Nae need.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    I kin see you your no a fan but have you even seen the game before? Our captain is about 5 foot 8 and you’d be lucky if he was 12 stone soaking wet.
    Your sounding an awfy lot like somebody they never got picked for the team at school
    I attempted again to watch today, it was murder, there really is no skill involved. I always got picked for school team but that was in football as my school didn’t have a rugby team, a poncy science teacher tried to start ane, 3 people attended training and it never took off, i never tried out.

I quite enjoy watching Scotland when they're on TV. I don't have a clue what's going on but still enjoy it.

The balls a funny shape and they have a funny offside rule. Better standard of refereeing as well in my humble opinion.

I used to enjoy international rugby, been to many a game.........the away trip to Ireland ...... awesome.......
    But since the game went professional I just dinna enjoy watching it the same.
    It was always a physical game but now physicality seems to have seen off running rugby completely.
    Also, the pro game in Scotland seems to have, geographically, taken the Borders (where it always struck me as being the working class sport) out the equation to an extent.

Anyway, each to their own........... there's plenty don't get my love for the NFL so good luck to those of you still into it

Good points, sneckie. Rugby is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Now it has become dominated by humungous players who look like they are on steroids. And the number of injuries is ridiculous, Scotland have about 20 players out injured at the moment.

Followin'/supportin Scotland Ah can understand ... though Ah'm nae a fan o' Rugger ... but when it means skirlin at the telly durin golf, snooker, or curlin (ffs) ... jist cos some fellow countryman/woman is up for a medal/trophy ... fυck that! ... worse than watchin' guffball!

... Golf is jist a version o' tiddlywinks for guys wi' plenty o' land and money, big sticks and tiny balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Good points, sneckie. Rugby is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Now it has become dominated by humungous players who look like they are on steroids. And the number of injuries is ridiculous, Scotland have about 20 players out injured at the moment.
    Anabolic Steroids....Alcohol....Cocaine....the staple diet of the Rugby player these days...

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    ... Golf is jist a version o' tiddlywinks for guys wi' plenty o' land and money, big sticks and tiny balls.
    No time for rugby whatsoever, but me and golf have been having a love hate relationship now for about 45 years ffs nae sure if I will ever get any fkn good at it though, and thank fk I dont rely on it to make a living or my wife and kids would be starving and homeless ffs.

I'm in the middle of writing my first book on golf, and have completed the first 5 chapters not sure when I will go to print with it though:

Chapter 1 - How to properly line up your 5th putt.
    Chapter 2 - How to hit a Callaway from the rough, when you hit a Titleist from the tee.
    Chapter 3 - How to get more distance of the shank.
    Chapter 4 - How to find that ball that everyone else saw go into the water
    Chapter 5 - How to relax when you are hitting 5 of the tee.

It's a frustrating b@st@rd of a game and sometimes a good walk spoiled and all that, but its always way better than rugby ffs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast