+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Reading Post Match Thoughts

Strange trying to follow a game on here at 3pm on a Saturday for a change at the same time as watching Final Score on TV. That's moved on a bit since the days of a teleprinter and Bob Wilson. Well it's not the win we would have liked but at least it's not a loss and no real damage considering the way the other results have gone.

Thoughts?

If we can't win then we don't lose. Take the point. We move on. Keep the faith.

Current average of 1 point a game would mean finishing on 42 points which could be enough to stay up.

Good point on the road.

Blackburn up next. Reading go to Ipswich who might fancy their chances in that one.

Get 1 point more than the teams around us from now to may will keep us up. 3 points Vs Blackburn will help

Thought the lads were a bit flat specially in first half. Second half was ours apart from nearly shooting ourselves in the foot with silly mistakes.
    I thought we didn't press hard and high enough and should have troubled an ordinary team more.
    I always thought this was a must not lose match rather than a must win. Bad goal with slack defending and Smith isolated again. A one point he had it down the left with 2 players on him and Taylor just stood there and watched from 10 yards.
    Can anyone tell me why Ford is playing his corners and free kicks constantly don't beat the first man.
    And one day we will score from a long throw.
    Happy to see us score and get a point and I've had a good day out but we need a win to drag Millwall and Wigan into it.

Pleased with the point cos I thought we had blown it and I was thinking of out trip to Donny next season when up pops Ajayi. The simple answer is that we have to start winning now to stay up. But how long have we been saying that? Blackburn have nowt to play for. We have to go for the win. Oh for 3 wins on the bounce. Even 2 would be good!

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Thought the lads were a bit flat specially in first half. Second half was ours apart from nearly shooting ourselves in the foot with silly mistakes.
    I thought we didn't press hard and high enough and should have troubled an ordinary team more.
    I always thought this was a must not lose match rather than a must win. Bad goal with slack defending and Smith isolated again. A one point he had it down the left with 2 players on him and Taylor just stood there and watched from 10 yards.
    Can anyone tell me why Ford is playing his corners and free kicks constantly don't beat the first man.
    Happy to see us score and get a point and I've had a good day out but we need a win to drag Millwall and Wigan into it.
    Thanks for that jake, as it saves me the question I was going to post of what did the lads n lasses who actually went to the match think of it?

I love hearing from our travelling support what they thought of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Have to agree Fordes delivery is very poor

Just on way back.
    Yet again negative tactics first half.
    Second half better I really don’t understand why Warne only allows us to play when we are losing ?
    His negativity is going to cost us imo.
    Today was another game we could and should have won.
    How many times have we said that this season ?
    Maybe we could only pay half the match fee seen as we only try and win for half the game.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast