+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

A great result against one of the original 'new money' clubs. Normally, I would be thrilled to bits, sadly, with our run in, I don't think it will be enough.
    I'll live in hope, and probably die in despair.

13 shots, 2 on target shows where our main weakness lies and has done since KM left. We don't really have anyone who has even the vaguest idea where the goal is.

I’m not usually a pessimist but I can’t see a way out of relegation

Reading have better fixtures than us

We haven’t got a goal scorer no offence to smudge he’s a great no 9 but he’s not a no 10 ;a target man.

And after today’s result we haven’t even got a point or goal difference advantage

I pray reading screw up and never win a game again but seeing as they play Ipswich soon how likely is that

Why were we in no hurry to get the ball back quickly after we got the equalizer? I know we had a chance to win the game from Newell but they was no urgency at all after the equalizer and seemed happy with the draw. We are so negative it beggars believe, no wonder we never win away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Warney not happy with pre and post match comment from their Manager and John Swift

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...ading-15877326
    I think I have been to 25 games this season and if we aren't a direct team then we certainly do a good impression of one. We can play a bit as the goal against Leeds showed but our main tactic is to hit it long to Smith in the hope that he can hold it up until someone gets close to him. We are also very good at set pieces otherwise we would be below Ipswich in the table.

Dunno why Warne gets wound up about it. If we get results playing in a particular style who cares.Stubbs tried to play the passing game and look where that got us.

Play to your strengths and let the opposition worry about us...

If we manage to stay up by lumping the ball forward all the time that will do me.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 23-02-2019 at 09:27 PM.

I reckon we are the only club in the EFL where 8000 fans go home with a stiff neck after looking up for so long.

Just got in from a long train trip.

Reading were a shadow of that performance at the NYS.
    Even John Swift didn't really get into his stride.
    I can't see them shooting up the league on today's performance

Thoughts Williams did really well and caused them some real problems. He needs to start though as he's one of the few with quick close ball control who puts defenses into a panic. He put Reading on the back foot late in the game so credit to PW on his substitution.
    My only gripe with Williams is that there isn't enough end product....a goal or two or that killer pass to set up Vaulks or Towell

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

If we manage to stay up by lumping the ball forward all the time that will do me.
    Do you have a season ticket though?

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I think I have been to 25 games this season and if we aren't a direct team then we certainly do a good impression of one. We can play a bit as the goal against Leeds showed but our main tactic is to hit it long to Smith in the hope that he can hold it up until someone gets close to him. We are also very good at set pieces otherwise we would be below Ipswich in the table.

Nothing wrong with playing to our limited strengths it sometimes works to our advantage.

It's not negative if he doesn't have the right players on the books to finish mid-table.

Paul Warne should occasionally keep quiet
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 23-02-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast