+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is the writing on the wall for Naysmith ?

It will be, yes...

I think without Dobbie he would have e been long gone

I would appoint Dobbie as player-manager in the close season...

I reckon you've made a great call Albertz.

Dobbie is 100% behind Queens and not likely to look elsewhere, so you get a two for one offer which is almost unheard of in football!

We need Dobbie fully concentrating on banging in goals.

If he became manager for us the fairytale would eventually end (sacked, leave or move on to better things) and that would be tragic. Would rather him be on the board or a coaching roll.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We need Dobbie fully concentrating on banging in goals.

If he became manager for us the fairytale would eventually end (sacked, leave or move on to better things) and that would be tragic. Would rather him be on the board or a coaching roll.
    Agree 100 per cent - a few bad results / performances under the managership of Sir Stephen would result in the same criticism ALL managers get and as deek says eventually lead to him moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Agree 100 per cent - a few bad results / performances under the managership of Sir Stephen would result in the same criticism ALL managers get and as deek says eventually lead to him moving on.
    Dobbie with no managerial experience whatsoever would simply be a gamble and could tarnish the great mans reputation. With the exception of a certain King Kenny I can think of few great players that have seamlessly taken the step into management without plying his trade at much lower levels first.

This has been the ultimate up and down season. Some sparkling early season form that was beautiful to watch and now where we are with little confidence at the moment. The thing is though that there is no time to start feeling sorry for ourselves and the time to scrap out every game to try to stay in this league. Make no mistake we are right in the mix now for the play offs ( or even straight relegation ) and not the one we hoped. My opinion is that Naysmith tends to overthink every opponent . Attacking one game then trying to contain the next in a horses for courses outlook. To me this has been an utter waste of time and has led us to where we are are . If we had went out to win every game refardless of opponents then yes we would have won and lost games but we would all be happier and in a better position now. No team is too good for us not to attack them ' properly' ' and beat them . If we sit back against the likes of Dundee United then THEY WILL breach us at some point and then its an uphill task . Sorry but thats the way I feel.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 28-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Bang on JR, - I think most of us are thinking the same way.

The only positive I can give you is this: - we still have quite a number of games to play, so the panic button doesn't need to be pressed yet...I think after the ICT match if there are no extra points on the board we should begin panicking officially!

The Championship is so incredibly tight that we could very easily be sitting biting our nails for that 4th spot, - so that's why I'm of the opinion "don't give up on Queens yet folks."

Naysmith, (like is players) is obviously hurting and it cannot be easy for any manager who will have one eye on the peg his jacket is on, so we do need to remember that as well while we openly criticise him at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    This has been the ultimate up and down season. Some sparkling early season form that was beautiful to watch and now where we are with little confidence at the moment. The thing is though that there is no time to start feeling sorry for ourselves and the time to scrap out every game to try to stay in this league. Make no mistake we are right in the mix now for the play offs ( or even straight relegation ) and not the one we hoped. My opinion is that Naysmith tends to overthink every opponent . Attacking one game then trying to contain the next in a horses for courses outlook. To me this has been an utter waste of time and has led us to where we are are . If we had went out to win every game refardless of opponents then yes we would have won and lost games but we would all be happier and in a better position now. No team is too good for us not to attack them ' properly' ' and beat them . If we sit back against the likes of Dundee United then THEY WILL breach us at some point and then its an uphill task . Sorry but thats the way I feel.
    My sentiments precisely JR so lets see what this weekend brings as we are getting to the stage that nothing other than three point will be enough to contend at either end of the table. Hopefully the upper rather than the lower.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)