+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Away form

Away form

There is the thread critiscising our home form and fair enough, its not as good as it should be. However, today was our 7th consecutive away win. I saw this on a Facebook page and on cross referencing it with our results since the league cup final the stat appears to be correct. I know all is not as rosy in the garden as we would like it but i think this is a stat that is worthy of attention and credit due to all involved. Well done lads and keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    There is the thread critiscising our home form and fair enough, its not as good as it should be. However, today was our 7th consecutive away win. I saw this on a Facebook page and on cross referencing it with our results since the league cup final the stat appears to be correct. I know all is not as rosy in the garden as we would like it but i think this is a stat that is worthy of attention and credit due to all involved. Well done lads and keep it up.
    Is it a record? Thought I heard it mentioned somewhere?
    I wish our home results were as similar to our away form.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Is it a record? Thought I heard it mentioned somewhere?
    I wish our home results were as similar to our away form.
    Apparently the current run equals a record set twice before. Once in the 30's and once in early 70's. So even Sir Alex never managed this. I like this forum but i do think we are too quick to criticise on here and not as quick to praise. This stat has flown under the radar a bit but i feel it was worth bringing up.

Apparently the current run equals a record set twice before. Once in the 30's and once in early 70's. So even Sir Alex never managed this. I like this forum but i do think we are too quick to criticise on here and not as quick to praise. This stat has flown under the radar a bit but i feel it was worth bringing up.
    I am probably one of our biggest critics but only because I hate us making things easier for opponents etc at times. But I will praise when merited and hopefully we go on to beat any record. The real record I want us to beat is the trophy haul but I know that is very unlikely but I won’t stop hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am probably one of our biggest critics but only because I hate us making things easier for opponents etc at times. But I will praise when merited and hopefully we go on to beat any record. The real record I want us to beat is the trophy haul but I know that is very unlikely but I won’t stop hoping.
    I hear you RJ. I hope we add to the old trophy cabinet too and the good recent away form is a good foundation for this.

I hear you RJ. I hope we add to the old trophy cabinet too and the good recent away form is a good foundation for this.
    Not when the quarter final of the cup is a home tie

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Not when the quarter final of the cup is a home tie
    Fair comment RST. Been on the sauce since early afternoon and its catching up with me. My original point stands though - people are picking apart our home form but there have been no takers to join me in praising our good away form (Not even AFC1903). ..

Fair comment RST. Been on the sauce since early afternoon and its catching up with me. My original point stands though - people are picking apart our home form but there have been no takers to join me in praising our good away form (Not even AFC1903). ..
    I'll join in and praise our away form as I give credit where credit is due, I do wish that I could say the same about the home form though
    Anyway I imagine that the 7 away wins on the bounce is league wins, is it? our next away game in the league is Timothy I think, 9th March. What a superb away win that would be to beat the record COYR

SF

That was me praising our away form

The games more open and there are more spaces away from home.
    That’s why the shouts of playing a more advanced attacking formation at home are playing into the oppositions hands and makes it tougher for us.
    The game was pretty tight yesterday, but two supreme goals yesterday separated the result

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast