+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back from game...

Just got back from game...

The morning after the Lord Mayors Show I am afraid. Sheffield bossed it Always first to the loose ball, stronger physically on the ball. Today, Livermore and Barry couldn't pass water. Holgate's passing and crossing was abysmal except for one cross (I think it was him) that Jrod used his hand apparently to put away. Usual making problems by insisting we play out from the back every time and Sheffield marked Dawson and Hegazi instantly throwing us into confusion as to what to do. Hope it was just a bad day at the office.

That’s pretty well as I saw it JoyD buddy.
    The poorest performance so far by Holgate, who really struggled to cross the ball. Indeed, a reluctance to ‘cross first time’ from him, resulted in their goal.
    The home crowd were willing the team, but it seemed that our emphasised support created a nervous reaction! Their continued plan to ‘play it out from the back’ had the reverse effect in support and, not unsurprisingly, created a negative response.
    Maybe Darren would achieve a better support by acknowledging the failure in this regard ?

Passing out from the back will work if used occasionally and thoughtfully. If the opposition know you are going to do it they will have players poised to quickly close us down and put us under pressure. If we drive it long, to the halfway line then those opposing players will have to drop back or leave their teammates outnumbered and will also be offside if the ball comes back our way.
    The fact that Moore can't see this suggests he isn't good enough for the job.

It was a dreadful performance the only 2 to come out with any credit for me was Hegazi & Dawson , Holgate did have his worst game for us & Phillips may as well set next to me ,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    It was a dreadful performance the only 2 to come out with any credit for me was Hegazi & Dawson , Holgate did have his worst game for us & Phillips may as well set next to me ,
    How much longer do we have to put up with this “ nice chap”. Formation and style of play totally wrong and relegation form at home. Even Newcastle supporters are questioning what the feck is Gayle playing out wide!!! Playing out from the back or 4-3-3 is fine if you have the players but how long will he realise we don’t? Last game!!! Even Ipswich must be licking their licks coming to us....

Lose to Leeds and twist before the play offs are even too late!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    How much longer do we have to put up with this “ nice chap”. Formation and style of play totally wrong and relegation form at home. Even Newcastle supporters are questioning what the feck is Gayle playing out wide!!! Playing out from the back or 4-3-3 is fine if you have the players but how long will he realise we don’t? Last game!!! Even Ipswich must be licking their licks coming to us....

Lose to Leeds and twist before the play offs are even too late!
    Al , i have said all season their is just something missing with our team we don't sort of win scrappy , we make to many mistakes all over the park , we tried to pass our way through their defence for 90 mins yesterday & never looked dangerous at all , its not all over its one game , but i believe we ain't going up & our home form is going to cost us . I said a couple of weeks ago we are always playing catch up & we never get their .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Al , i have said all season their is just something missing with our team we don't sort of win scrappy , we make to many mistakes all over the park , we tried to pass our way through their defence for 90 mins yesterday & never looked dangerous at all , its not all over its one game , but i believe we ain't going up & our home form is going to cost us . I said a couple of weeks ago we are always playing catch up & we never get their .

Agreed Johnny. Whilst the away form is decent, games have been average at best apart from Rotherham! We beat a very poor Vile team and almost gave it away at QPR with the same old mistakes - week in week out. Leeds, Norwich and Sheff Utd have consistently played decent football and dominated games. We have not!

Lose to Leeds and no chance of automatic and even then, don't think it will happen. I will be mighty pissed off if we lose to Leeds and do what West Brom are good at - not twisting until it's too late!!! We have got to make the play offs minimum and we need to make a ruthless decision if this is in any danger!

After yesterday and the expense - I have lost it with Big Dave! To hear he's thinking of making a tactical change now for home games sums him up ( bit like three at back and Brunt in CM ) - always too late to act and smell the coffee. The supporters can clearly see it - why can't he!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)